big block 93 explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

big block 93 explorer

Well **** now I have to go look and see if I've got 60 s or 80 s I'll let you know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well **** now I have to go look and see if I've got 60 s or 80 s I'll let you know

60 sounds more realistic and even at that they are to big.you wouldnt even get above like 40% on those.60 are good for 700-800hp on the 4.0 specs even with lots of boost.the 4.0 block cant handle but 15-20lbs of boost so there is NOOOO WAY you will make over 400hp and pretty sure they say the block is only good to 350hp. Im making about 330ish at the crank and i have 36lbs injectors running 9.9lbs of boost and they are no where near 85%.but thats what your using so good luck,sure they will work but are over kill

Well guys if trick flow put out a set of heads would y'all buy them

Well guys if trick flow put out a set of heads would y'all buy them

If they was aluminum and had much LARGER valves,i would consider.

Well they are concitering making a set for me but if their is demand it will help more. Can we start a poll of some kind

You better check your math!!your way off!! There is NO WAY you would even get close to 85% with 40lbs!!its just not possible to make that much power or need that much fuel with a v6 block!!

I thought he was running a 460? I can't find the post where he said he was building a 4.0... now I'm confused.

Sweet Explorer project though!!

Well they are concitering making a set for me but if their is demand it will help more. Can we start a poll of some kind

If Trick Flow made a set of heads for the 4.0 that would improve power even with a mostly stock motor, then yes, I'd be interested in buying.

I thought he was running a 460? I can't find the post where he said he was building a 4.0... now I'm confused.

He's talking about his next build.

Well the gold one is comming soon finally got the heads back and the machine shop called yesterday the block is done.
The list on it right now is
Si stainless valves
Comp duel springs
Comp ls retainers
Arp rod bolts
Arp head studs
Sbc pistons
Comp cam
90 mm maf
80 pound injectors
And so on I'll get deep in it latter wait till you see the home made aluminum tunnel ram

80lbs INJECTORS!!!!WTF thats not going in the v6 is it??

Yep Shure is along with the t56

Back