Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Ford has announced the unveiling of their "Blue Oval Certified" program. In this program, individual dealers will apply, and be covertly and oficially tested by FoMoCo. If they pass, they will become Blue Oval Certified dealers. I know Lexus has their Elite dealer program, this sounds like the same thing. The dealers will be judged based on many factors, staff friendliness, facility cleanliness and appearance, ease of parking, online facillities etc. This program of course holds huge advantages to the consumer that are obvious, advantages to the dealer (free advirtising in Ford commercials and ads, first crack at new and popular models), as well as some great advantages for employees of Blue Oval Certified dealerships. These include opportunities to participate in FoMoCo's 401k retirement plans, and vehicle discounts that are now reserved for Company employees. Sounds like a GREAT idea to me, Ford's worst problem is their bad dealerships and lack of customer support. Any thoughts?

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
97 Explorer Limited 4X4 SOHC V6
98 Lexus LS400

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Stephen:
Not sure if you recall or not the tread Loyal Followers or Royal Suckers? I did a search, and unfortunately it is no longer around. A would have to say that I completly agree that Ford's worst problem is their bad dealerships and lack of customer support. It seems like after you buy your vehicle and your warranty is up, you are totally on your own. I think that this new proposal from Ford my help bring the company back its customers and provide much needed improvement in the dealerships. Building a little more competition between dealers trying vie for customers and recognition from Ford. Eventhough it may not be for all the right reasons, the ends justify the means I guess. Maybe/Hopefully this program will work, but all we can do is trust that is does.

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

Thats exactly right Tim, I agree 100%. I think I remember that thread. I'm sure Rick cut it to save space.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
97 Explorer Limited 4X4 SOHC V6
98 Lexus LS400

Isn't it too bad that some bad dealerships and customer service turn people away from Ford? They've got some great vehicles. I know several people who would never own another Ford because of the customer service they received. I drive 15 miles if I have to use a dealership because the TWO Ford dealerships that are less than 3 miles from my house are horrible! Hopefully this new program will help...

------------------
Rick & Cheryl J.
'94 XLT 4x4
Custom 2" lift, Rancho 5000s
Borla exhaust, over-size sway bars
More to come!

This does indeed sound good. I remember hearing a while back where Ford was attempting to buy all of its dealerships, the idea would be to form a system like Saturn has, a one-price thing. That was over a year ago though. I guess they ran into enough dealerships that didn't want to sell or the price was too high and instead decided to go this route instead.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Back