BIG pines run 6-17 & pendell run 6-18 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BIG pines run 6-17 & pendell run 6-18

lets make this a bigun for eagle !

this run is open to all makes and models...invite your friends , family, co-workers, .... the pines run will be fun ..the dinner at the pic-a-lilly will be great ( piney burgers Mmmmmmmmmmmmm )

then the pendell run on sunday will be wet wild muddy and just a blast..... if you wanna push the limits of your 4x4 in the mud this is the place !!!

i can guarantee i will be stuck a few times at least and not in the kiddy pool either !

lets really whoop this one up !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Eagle but i cant take all of the credit, my truck preformed better than i though it would and i have to give credit to the trail guides for spotting me throught some of the harder opsticals

It looks like we will have a big weekend ahead of us we are going to three different places right?

Hey maybe while we are out at the pines we will run into the Slightly Insane 4 wheelers

Piney Burgers? Sounds good to me, I think. Do they have beer (I assume this is dinner after all the wheeling is done)?

I may have my ARB Old Man Emu springs and shocks on by the time we go, which will be great. I'm going to rig up some rear sway bar disconnects by then as well, I think. The front sway bar will have to wait until a bit later for disconnects, though unbolting them shouldn't be much trouble. I'm pretty excited about these springs, as if you can't tell. :)

So, how big is the group now and how many are Explorers? If we have 4 or 5, it would make a nice side run. J91, I know that Tank suggested you lead a group, maybe if we get a head count, we can see. I'd be interested in that side run to the trail 10 minutes from Pendell, I seem to have gained a liking for rocks. :)

Tank, I'll let you know where I'm staying so that we can figure out how to meet up with you folks. It will definately be in one of the towns you mentioned, but I don't know which one yet. Been kind of busy lately.

Tom, I cant' wait to hear how your rig does with the new mods !
PS/ you're about to get serious wheelin' there, take out your fog lamps! when you get there, ok buddy?

I hear ya, Gerald. I almost forgot about those. :) Kind of like forgetting to take off your glasses before a boxing match. :D

I'm definately new to serious mud, though I don't think I'll be burying the thing that weekend. But, you never know. I just know I'm not going first.

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, been kinda busy. I still plan on going on the 17th, but I can only stay until 12:00. I have to go to a birthday party in Atco, then shoot back up north to go to work. I'm looking forward to having a good time again. I lost one guy that wanted to go (just spent $600 on a cv-joint through the dealer :eek:. I still may have 2 coming with me. I haven't been able to get the pictures on disc, therefore I will bring them down. I will be moving soon, so if those plans don't get in the way that weekend, I'll be down. Keep me posted.

Tank, I ment to ask you where could I pick up one of those big "D" clips that you have? Would like to have atleast one by the time I get down there. Still haven't gotten tires yet, money kinda tight, but hopefully by the time I come down to play.

Talk to you guys soon.

Tank and all the rest;
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread at all. Just read it, sounds like a great time to be had by all.

I saw mention of some interest for the badlands in Indiana, in case you guys are as bad as me about skipping other threads, we are going on the 24 - 25 of june, the week after your run, and if anyone's still interested you're more than welcome. It would be great to have even more show than the seven we thought would come. I know Tom can't make it because of work but maybe the rest of you?

If you happen to be interested check out the Attack on Attica thread and come on over to the midwest.

ok .... first .... tom ... yes they have beer ... in frost muggs MMmmmmmmmmmmm and yes this will be AFTER the wheeling

i cant wait to see your rig (especially with all the mods ) you should just go for it dip her in the mud ! we can get you back out ;)

second ..also tom ... if you like rocks YOU MUST go to paragon ...there is another trip with B4W in august ...i WILL be there they are an awesome bunce of guys and the trails are fenominal .... i would like to hear a direct comparison of the trails to other places you have been ( moab ) ?

third... emstaxi i got mine from MSC ( manhattan supply company ) 1-800-645-7270 you can also try McMaster Carr 732-329-3200 ... i belive mine are rated to 15,000 ponds

Kampy .. i would love to try the badlands but i just cant make this run ( it would probably be all explorers anyway right ? )

well how is our list looking now ? if you are coming and not on the list cut and paste it to your message and add yourself.

tank +2
eagle
j91ford
tom wilk
emstaxi +1-2

and ?

new east coast club

Attn: Everyone in the NJ, DEL., PA, and surrounding areas.

i have been speaking with people from 5-6 different Off roading clubs. they have all offered their support and any assistance they could give me in setting up a club for the tri state area. it will be open to all makes and models
i do not know what this club will involve but i do intend on holding events and trips at various places ( paragon, badlands, telico, moab ). i also intend to be involved in charity runs and things like that. it will all depend on how many active members we have.

i do not have a name (for the club) yet and am currently gathering forms for incorporating the club and for non profit status, and a small gameing liscense ( so we can hold raffles at events.

i will want and need to get club memberships to tread lightly and other such orgaizations, i will also need to buy a club membership to places like paragon so when we have an event there we get a discount.... i am probably 6 months away from holding a first official meeting....and over the winter i am hopeing to do some form of advertising including a web page.

right now ( before i get too deep in this ) i need an idea of intrest in joining a club in this area. if this club sounds interesting to you post here for others to see and also e-mail me CEIVPGM@EROLS.COM

in addition if anyone has and sugestions please let me know

Well, Tank, its great that we'll be having beer after the wheelin'. :D Otherwise, I'd be more inclined to bury my Explorer.

As far as mods, it won't be extreme, but I should sit about 3" above factory after I put the springs on and twist the torsion bars a bit. I'll be putting the stock rear shackles on with the new springs, since I think it will be more stable that way. It sits about 1.5" above my friend's stock Explorer now, and that's mainly from the tires.

I have to admit, I seem to like rocks mainly because I don't know mud. :) Which reminds me, I've got to get some hose and raise all those vents. The last thing I want is to have my Explorer inhale some mud into a gearbox (or the engine for that matter).

Anyway, Paragon sounds like a great place to go, if the next trip falls on a weekend that I'm off. I work roughly half the weekends.

Your idea of a club sounds intrigueing as well. I'm not sure where I want to go with that idea, since I'm not an east coaster. I'll have to ponder it. I'll try to contact Kampy as well, since that group may wish to start a club as well. I know that there's a 4-wheel club in northeast Ohio, as well as one in southern Ohio that I may contact as well. Closer to home.

Right now, I'm floating around, trying to get to a few different places and meet many of the people on this forum. I want to get together with the Indiana/Illinois gang at some point. I'm hoping that the next Paragon trip falls on a day off and that some of the people from Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee and Kentucky also show up. It would be nice to see a ton of Explorers on the eastern half of the country get together.

Tank, in response to your question, I guess they would all be explorers except me, I have one of their cousins, a 90 ranger. I dont know what you drive but it wouldn't matter much, you would still be welcome any time you felt inclined to show up.

i appriciate that .... i would just want to be sure that that would be the genral attitude ..... i know that when people want to do a run for a specific vehicle some guys just want to see different variations of THAT vehicle ....ind i totally understand that ...thats why i want to be sure im not bothering too many people.

i am currently be asked to go to a j**p event ( by the club president ) even tho i dont drive one of those either ... and its the same situation

what is the info on the badlands again ?

where is it exactly ....what type of accomodations are there ? cost ? ....

Tank the info is on the "attack on attica" thread in this forum. Check it out. If it works out ok for all of us there will probably be another run later this year so we can give Tom a chance to enjoy as well.

BIG pines run 6-17 & pendel run 6-18

I finally got logged on. Adding some vehicles to the list.

tank +2
eagle
j91ford
tom wilk
emstaxi +1-2
rpoet+1

I am taking a note earlier in the thread seriously. I am bringing a j**p as well as an Explorer.

Our '91 XLT Explorer, stock, 130,000 miles, sounds like a diesel engine but it really has the V-6 (bad lifter since 10,000 miles, but the $%&%^$^ dealer couldn't be bothered to take a look, however, once past the warranty period, they said it really ought to be fixed), 237/75LT Michelin tires (street tread pattern) is as ready to go as it gets. Nice vehicle. One of the first ones I ever saw around. Served us very well over the years and is still kicking. Looking forward to several more years of good times.

My daughter just got her driver's permit and I want to get her trained right, so off into the woods. My wife lived in Colo. for years before marrying me, and her father trained her well, a whole series of 4wd vehicles. I hope my daughter does as well!

No problems with Father's day. Great idea as far as we are concerned!

I found Pitman. Any more details on the meeting site would be appreciated once they are finalized.

Thanks--
----Randy

This is off topic.

Eagle,
When are you moving to AZ? And where? You can email myself or Rick or answer here.

[Edited by Rick on 06-11-2000 at 01:40 PM]

Tank, it looks like I'll probably be staying in Turnersville or Blackwood. Do either of these towns pose a problem? I did my searching on the net, so there are probably some smaller hotel/motels that I did not see. Any that you know of that are clean, cheap, and in a decent area? I'm going to call tomorrow to make some sort of reservations.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok ...first ...tom either town is good ....i actually live in turnersville ..blackwood is right on the border of turnersville....

i am finalizing the details tonight .... i havent seen my neighbor "the guide" for almost a week so i have to get ahold of him to make sure evrything is cool.

i will post the directions to the meeting place tomorow (after i talk to the guide) but i assume it will be Command Enterprises ( my machine shop ) again

eagle is visiting arazona as we speak ...he will be back thursday ...and thursday night we have to fix his truck ( from the paragon incident)

Back