• Register Today It's free!

Bigger MAF

kabukie

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
I recently put a supercharger on my X. All of the shops that would do a tune recommend a larger maf. However I havnt had any luck in finding one that will work for my X. The lightning mafs have a 4 pin connector and the x is a 6pin. SCT says theirs wont work. granatelli says theirs wont work. Can anyone help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not use a larger/better MAF housing, such as a C & L, with your electronics?

kabukie said:
Is it really that easy? Or is it like most things you get what you pay for? Bigger better MAf housing or the MAF.ia ? hmmmm

It is not more airflow through a bigger MAS housing that you need. You need an external IATS to mounted after the supercharger as well as different MAS metering electronics to be able to support more airflow. While the MAFia is designed to allow a stock MAS to gain more "range" to be able to meter more air the cheaper and better option (in this case) would be to just switch to a Lightning MAS. The 4 pin L MAS will work with your truck just fine, just follow my directions in your other thread about your supercharger and how the 6 pin harness adapts to 4 pin with external IATS. I posted more details in there.

Back