• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

bigger tires

caveman215

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XL
can i put 32" tires on a stock 96 explorer or do i need to get a lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
You can but you're going to need to break out the sawzall....I'd do a tt and shackle to provide a little more room but your still won't have much flex room.

Justawajz

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Mountaineer
fo real bro! theres a ton a threads about this on here.. search alittle!

trj360

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT SOHC
fo real bro! theres a ton a threads about this on here.. search alittle!
hey man do you have any updated pictures of your truck? last i saw you on here, you were preparing for the coilover swap.

Justawajz

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Mountaineer
hey man do you have any updated pictures of your truck? last i saw you on here, you were preparing for the coilover swap.
I think I have some, I'll have to dig... The coilovers are on and it drives great.. while I was doing the swap I regeared the axles with 4.56's and did a 4406 swap with a front locker as well. It did great in the snow!

wantedexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Jay, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie Bauer V8
can i put 32" tires on a stock 96 explorer or do i need to get a lift
I had 32x10.5's on my explorer stock. Youll have to trim the bumper maybe a 1/5 inch and if you have plastic tupperware across the bottom youll want to remove the piece that connects to the fender. After that I was good to go and was fine.
After a 2.5"tt , AAL and war153s I have more then enough room for flex turning ect. I could do 33's with out a problem now.

Put them on only way to tell .

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
You could probably stick a couple washers on to push the bumper out instead of having to trim the bumper.