• Register Today It's free!

BII 4" lift

holshotracer

Reaction score
City, State
Gowen mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
will a bronco II 4" lift work on a 93 xlt x? i'm asking because my uncle has a bronco II with the lift that he blew the rear diff and front hubs out wheeling and i maybe able to get the lift cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

inthe front, yes. :)
What kind (brand) of lift?

i believe that it is a superlift.

410Fortune said:
inthe front, yes. :)
What kind (brand) of lift?
What about the back?
Have access to one, see my thread "Ford swappability", and would like to do it

The front will swap over no problem. The rear is different. Does the lift use spings or blocks? If it uses blocks, they will not work on the rear of the X since the spings are below the axle. The B2 had springs above the axle. Your options would be new lift springs, shackels & AAL's, or a SOA conversion, but that way the rear will be higher.

ok, how about the axle swap from the bII to the X?

Could be reaching into "that doesn't make any sense a'tall " range here. but had to ask?

Also will it have spare front axle parts that do me any good?

The rear axle for the B2 was a 7.5. Why would you want to put a lesser rear axle into the 8.8 X?

Didn't know that it was a lesser axle, I was just thinking where I had the two, if apples were apples.....

First attempt at owning Ford, other than a few temporary rides a few years ago, ya know, buy cheap and sell high?
So, alot of common knowledge that y'all have, I don't yet. And still not warmed up to the idea of owning one of these things yet. Had a buzz, and typed some really hatefull things toward American stuff in the swappability thread. When the subconcious comes out.... well ya know.

All in all this has been an okay car. Wheels ok, ok mpg, and I love the power. Go drive a Toyota for a while, you will swear that the 4.0 is really a 5.o

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN will I volunteer to change plugs. The idiot that designed the plug location/heater blower motor, and a/c stuff placement. Damn, Thats all I gotta say about that.

But I lost out on the project anyway, somebody didn't necessarily have first dibs, but with heavier persuasion and pot, he convinced the inlaws that he needed the rig worse than I did. So stuck rebuilding the valve body (thx Tn_Explorer) and living with the pushbutton 4x, which I hate.

Sorry, a little off topic.

for the rear i am going to stop to shop that we deal with for work that could re arch the stock 2". then i would have them order AAL

Forget the AAL in a BII the add a leaf will ruin the ride, if you want to increase the trucks tendancy to get sideways through those bumpy intersections, then go with the AAL :)
TOOOO Stiff.
Use some good lift springs and/or a small tappered block.
I upgraded to a Explorer sway bar and new bushings, made disconnects and run Rancho 9000's with 4" Skyjacker leafs and 2" Superlift tappered blocks.
Rides very nice for a BII
Explorer springs and add a leaf are not worth it IMO

my X goes sideways now easy. that or i'm going to see if the shop could build me a set of race type springs. if i go with the aal i'd see about using the james duff rear dual shock kit for the BII and modifiy it for the explorer.

You are saying the rear end is loose after the lift? meaning body roll or meaning handling issues?

did you retain the rear sway bar?
What kind of shocks and how are they setup in the back?

it's lose now with factory style shocks and no lift. i'm going to order some james duff shocks in a couple of weeks. i won't be getting the lift off of my uncle because he's going to rebuild his BII. so i'm going to build some shackes and order daystar coil spacers.

Back