Billet Grill- Who cut their stock grill out? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Billet Grill- Who cut their stock grill out?

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
I went to size up my billet and realized that I will have to cut out the stock grill. This is on a 2nd gen so it would be the 1 horizontal bar and 3 vertical bars. I am wondering who did this and what they did with the 8 huge holes that are now left in the side of the grill surround? I am most likely going to make a stencil out of the holes and cut the right sized peices out of the center section that I cut out and then plastic weld it in and sand it but it seems like a lot of work that I can't see everyone on here having done. Am I missing a much simpler way of doing this? I cant picture everyone driving around with 8 holes in their grill surround. Any advice or pics would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cut mine out:D

Bumper2.jpg

so did you fill the holes or just leave them?

nice write up and a nice lookin setup as well! I stumbled across another write up as well in my searches, after I started this thread ofcourse :S, about just cutting out the whole thing as you did, minus tabs for mounting. Seems like a much better route than plastic welding it smooth especially because it wont be seen. Im going to be mounting a light in there as well but a blue neon instead, if I get around to it ill post pics in about 2 weeks when its all done. Thanks guys.

I cut mine.
2005_0111parts0010.jpg

Do you know website to install the billet grill i have to cut it out it looks much like "conig" pic thank you for your help

I removed the pics on my photobucket account but my write up is still there if you want to take a look at my How To.

Back