• Total voters

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
well i have been driving around with a broken stock grille for the longest time now, i have been thinking about replacing it with a billet grille, but i dont know if it will look good or ****ty

so billet or no?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1st gen will look good with clear corners, but stock corners no. heres mine.

489039_46_full.jpg

I like the look of the billet grill on the 1st. gen.

One thing you could do to make something different... buy a stock grill from a junkyard explorer.. then paint it a different color.. and add some mesh wire or something behind it. That's what I did and I like it. Cheap. Different. Looks good!
Here's the pics of mine:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2237262

Id get a billet

I added a poll so people can vote

I'm getting a billet for mine. But unlike all the ones you see on the street, there is a black billet grille made for ours! I looked it up at work and it's about 100 or so at my price, but I think it would go with my truck a lot better (the only bling I have on the OUTSIDE of the truck is the center caps/valve stem caps).

I voted no cause I hate chrome & "bling"

skoobydoobiedew said:
One thing you could do to make something different... buy a stock grill from a junkyard explorer.. then paint it a different color.. and add some mesh wire or something behind it. That's what I did and I like it. Cheap. Different. Looks good!
Here's the pics of mine:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2237262

thats how i did mine for now also...

truck007.jpg

I voted yes. Happys truck looks awesome.

i been thinkin the same thing..i think i setlled on if anything im makin my own thing..i like fabbin so i'd like to do somethin like themesh behin it or in front of it, or inserts somehow..how'd you guys sttach it behind the grill,any measurements?..i'dprolly most want to do that

Here's how I did mine:

2237262_3_full.jpg

You can kind of see the silver mesh I used. I used the plastic stuff that you get in a 25 ft. roll for $3. It's used to keep leaves out of rain gutters. If I can remember right, I used some epoxy to get the mesh to stick to the back of the plastic grill. I also trimmed the back of the grill so the horizontal slots are much wider. I used an angle grinder for this. It exposes more of the mesh too. I painted the stock grill black with lots of clear coat. But make sure you take the Ford emblem out first ;) Once you do this you will need to make a hood latch relocator. I used a cable with a pulley mounted so the cable would drop down under the bumper where a hook was that I could pull to release the hood when I needed it opened. Not a hard project. Just be creative. Hope this helps!

damn...didnt think abouta relocator..shoot..illprolly do sumthin like this tho..thanks a lot..do they send relocators in themesh or billet grilles they sell for the ex?

yea happys grille is really nice, but i cant seem to find it, his as alot of bars on it, and then ones i find have fewer bars and i dont like those

Redrig said:
I voted yes. Happys truck looks awesome.

95offroadx said:
yea happys grille is really nice, but i cant seem to find it, his as alot of bars on it, and then ones i find have fewer bars and i dont like those

thanks guys. i got mine from 4 wheel parts here in irvine, CA. i had to call them and have it ordered. they dont advertise it or stock it. its the same as an 89-92 ranger and BII. i think those are the years. ive had it for awhile now... i love it.

scoob..what kinda tires you got on ther?

ExporeRanger said:
scoob..what kinda tires you got on ther?
he's pushing maxxis buckshots - about the same tread pattern as BFG MTs and ProComp MTs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine. I like it cause its different.
807307_3_full.jpg

807307_2_full.jpg

I don't see to many around with the Ford logo in it. But I'm sorry to say that I don't know where it was bought it was on there when I bought the ex.

Back