• Register Today It's free!

Billet turbo wheel

xartic

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Has anyone done an upgrade to the wheel on the 3.5 EB turbos? I’ve come across a few places that sell the billet wheel for a reasonable price. Also found a billet wheel with a chra core on it too.

I plan on upgrading my downpipes to either PPE engineering catless or Livernois catted. I figured that I could look into improving the turbos while I’m at it.

I’ve seen where a billet wheel with more blades on it has produced the same or more hp/tq with less boost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything I've read says it's not worth it. Troll the SHO forums and FB pages and you'll find a lot of info

Turbo cartridges are pretty straightforward to swap out. Stage3, CRP, BrewCity all sell upgraded cartridges for the Explorer/SHO. You use ur stock turbo cores. They come balanced etc you just bolt them in.

Has anyone done an upgrade to the wheel on the 3.5 EB turbos? I’ve come across a few places that sell the billet wheel for a reasonable price. Also found a billet wheel with a chra core on it too.

I plan on upgrading my downpipes to either PPE engineering catless or Livernois catted. I figured that I could look into improving the turbos while I’m at it.

I’ve seen where a billet wheel with more blades on it has produced the same or more hp/tq with less boost.

Please stay away from @Livernois

Go PPE all day...

Back