• Register Today It's free!

Bilstein Shock questions.

Dano!

Reaction score
City, State
Lemoore CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Navajo X 2
Will the Bilstein 5100 shocks fit on a stock 91Navajo? I need to fix my suspension but i don't want to buy another set of Bilstein shocks when i lift my truck. Can i get away with it. I don't off road yet so its a get to work and back truck for now.

If i cannot get away with it i will have to buy the Bilstein 4600 series. My question is, according to the Bilstein application chart it lists the 4600 series for the front, but nothing in the rear. Has anyone put the same Bilstein shocks all around or do you guys only put them in the front? Will the same shocks fit in the back?

What is the stock shock lengths. I can't find that information ( it would have helped answer some of the questions.)

Thank you.

That's me. You cant run the same shocks all around without extensive modifications. First, the fronts use a stem top mount and the rears use a bar pin. Some models you may be able to get both a stem and eye mount but Im not sure if the 5100 series offers a stem mount.

I grafted on a F250 shock mount in the front and custom built some bar pin eliminators in the back in order to run a 10" 5125 shock at all 4 corners. I also have a 2" suspension lift.

You can not run a longer than stock front shock up front without breaking off the shock mount on the radius arm or punching the stem through the top bushings. If you plan to lift over 2" in the front you are stuck with getting new shocks once you do that.

Back