• Register Today It's free!

Binding when reversing

aztecf

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
I have a 2016 AWD Ford Explorer that will seem to bind up the front right wheel (or both front wheels??) after driving it for a while and trying to reverse. It will literally hold the vehicle from moving while in reverse with my foot off the brake. if I give it some gas it will let loose with a pop. it is a 3.5 twin turbo. has 70K on the clock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a possible issue with the brakes not releasing.

Peter

Sounds like it may not actually be engaging reverse until you press the gas (which builds up pressure). First things first... Get it scanned. These cars log everything. If it a sticking caliper there wont be any code but should be easy to reproduce.

Sounds like it may not actually be engaging reverse until you press the gas (which builds up pressure). First things first... Get it scanned. These cars log everything. If it a sticking caliper there wont be any code but should be easy to reproduce.
Just as an outside chance you might want to have the PTU examined. My 2016 AWD TT 3.5's PTU acted that way for a short time before it self destructed at 29k miles. These cars are complicated.

Back