Black billet grill... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black billet grill...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that will be a very good upgrade, i like it.

yes, i definately like it. :thumbsup:

I kinda like yours without it but if you gonna have one a black one is the way to go. Yea, this one gonna be good. :)

i have mine painted black, but they paint is chipping from stuff being thrown at the truck. i think ill have to consider getting a better billet and powdercoating it black as well.

I am unsure of how it will look. I will install it and see how it looks. Then if it is not better than the "No Grill" look I have I will take it out.

Cute kids!

hmm. . that would sure let a lot more air through than my current speed grill. I assume you have to hack out the stock grill though? or is it like the one that mounts in front of the current grill?

I'd have to agree with Jefe. if it anything like the Trenz, you'll have to cut the stocker to get it to fit. It's going to look sick in there Matt. Kudos

The stocker is already removed. This is just going to bolt right in. In the 01+ Sports the honey comb just bolts in, so no cutting is nessary.

I know this isn't a billet grill but i think a black grille makes X's look tougher...
12558trucknew7.jpg

The black grill does look good on the truck. I just put on the black powder coated one on my 02' X.

Well, Matt, I hate to dig up an old thread, but I was just wondering if you ever put the black grille on?

yeah but it would only really look good on a black explorer.

SmokeGrinder said:
yeah but it would only really look good on a black explorer.

Why is that?
I'm not much for the chromed out look, so I guess I'm biased towards black, but I'll try to be objective for a second. Even on colored X's a black accessory adds a sleek look, I don't see how a black grille on a non-black X would'nt look good :confused:.
It would look great IMHO. :thumbsup:
Think of it this way, on some models, like the XLT, the explorer comes with chrome from the factory correct?, but on XLS's theres less, if any chrome. So a chrome grille on an XLT would match, whereas a black grille may be a better fit for an XLS. Regardless of the body color. It's all in the eye of the beholder, lol. :D

hate to bring up an old topic, but does anyone have pics of that on their sport? i wanna get a billet grille for my 97, but not sure if i want the chrome or the black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back