Black grille for 2010 Sport Trac limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black grille for 2010 Sport Trac limited

I went to my local body shop to inquire about how much it would cost to paint my chrome one. They pretty much talked me out of it saying that with their experience the paint will not stick. He said he would do it, he just wouldn't warrrantee it at all. I asked how long he thought the paint would be good and he said it could be a week or a year...not very helpful! He threw me off, so I didn't even get to the point of asking how much. I will call tomorrow.

Lightly hit it with a fine sand blaster first to etch it, a coat of plastic adhesion promoter, refinish it with your choice of a quality black paint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

or install the ironman explorer grille, which you can purchase from the dealership

0612tr_3_z+insider+explorer_ironman.jpg
Where did you get or what is the brand of your fender flares ? they look awesome

If anyone wants to powder coat their stock chrome grill find someone that does UV cure power coating. It doesn't use the high temperature like regular powder coating.

thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure what type black it was
I replaced my grill with an Ironman and it is NOT glossy. It is matt black. Takes about 30 minutes to swap out.
I own a 2009 Sport Trac XLT

thanks for the correction, I wasn't sure what type black it was
The Ironman grill is NOT glossy it is matt.
It took me about 45 mins to do the take off and install on my 2009 XLT

Back