Black Head Lights 02-05 X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black Head Lights 02-05 X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have them, I really like them. No fogging yet.

Some pictures to help you decide..

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7212.jpg

i had these headlights for over a year...great mod...went a step further and retrofitted a tsx projector in there...

Attachments

• 0319061451.jpg
    0319061451.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 0319061451a.jpg
    0319061451a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,354
  • 0308061917.jpg
    0308061917.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,232

Very cool with the projectors! Where did you get them and how hard was it to do?

Got a "how to" write up or anything?

hidplanet.com has some good info on everything u need to know about retrofitting

i dont think so...but if u want you could buy the headlights and find a company that can do the retro for you but that would cost too much...if you're a handy person you're better off doing it yourself...

nice explorers u guys got there with the black headlights.

not8taxi how many k are ur hids

i dont think so...but if u want you could buy the headlights and find a company that can do the retro for you but that would cost too much...if you're a handy person you're better off doing it yourself...

have u got a link where to get them mate i dont wanna end up getting the wrong ones sinse i have to import

have u got a link where to get them mate i dont wanna end up getting the wrong ones sinse i have to import

i bought mine from ebay...just search your yr explorer for the black headlights on ebay there should be plenty around there...

I love the projector retrofits!

I've had black headlights for more than a year already.
No issues on fogging nor leaks.

blackhl.jpg

Wow these look really good, especially with the retro fitted projectors!!

TSX Projector Retrofit

i had these headlights for over a year...great mod...went a step further and retrofitted a tsx projector in there...

This is exactly what I was thinking about doing with my headlights; except I was considering using the regular silver headlights and not the black ones. Everything came to a screetching halt when I was told that this mod will cause mist to get thru inside the housing; especially with the kind of heat & humidity we have in FL.....that yeah that and the cost of course!! :)

Did u have any weather related experience or have you heard about such issues with people installing projectors on the stock housing?

I'm curious to find out.

Thanks.

So this might be a dumb question, but can you get clear corners with the black head lights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah,

hpks-expl02g2-bk.jpg

Try searching..

Back