Black headlights installed (with pictures) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black headlights installed (with pictures)

Finished these today as my birthday gift to myself. I am in LOVE with them. They make the front of the truck look so much cleaner and crisper. Really, really like them. Not sure how the light is at night, but it looks to be about stock. Gonna throw some Silverstars in 'em a few weeks down the road.

Old:

front1.jpg

New:

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great, wish I would have gotten to see my ex with them. Throw a set of silverstars in, or possibly check these lights out.
http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=100

I am going to order these for my new truck because my light output sucks, I already aimed the lights a bit higher trying to get more useable light, but I can still barely see at night. The new truck even uses the 9007 bulbs. But the lights look killer on your rig, nice work!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:wow i love those! i plan on getting the same ones. i think they will match my black X perfect! that is when i save up some $$ there pretty pricey, but as the looks of them there worth it! Nice truck and Nice lights!

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get the rig all shined up for the Englishtown show. Then they're REALLY gonna look good. :D

Dan, let me know how those bulbs work for ya.

i like your truck a lot man

looks awesome keep up the good work

Makes a huge difference, nice job.

Color match that grill and I bet they would look even better, man I miss the englishtown show. I still dont think Im allowed back in applebees to this day.

Happy belated birthday! Those lights look much better than the stock ones. It's hard to tell, are they the ones with the clear reflector or the amber reflector? In the black and white pic i'm not sure if that's their true color.

so when are you gonna get around to getting a swing away bumper for that spare on the roof? lol by the way i'll see you at englishtown!

Looks awesome man, nice choice on the PIAAs as well, are those the 540s?

Jake, thanks man.

Lank - PIAAs are the 520s. Love those damn things.

rev - Not sure. Maybe when I land a job and have some money? ;)

Mounty, thanks. :D The headlights have the clear corner reflector, I made sure of that. Not a fan of the orange one at all.

as soon as i can find them, or at least clear corners i want to do that too

Looks good, not surprising that it is brighter, with how fogged your old ones were!

Looks perfect on there!

Are these the Euro's?

nice work brother:thumbsup:... if u put in the silverstars u will get much more road coverage due to the housing having a clear lens... if u want an idea of how 10 silverstars look (with 2 orange corners haha), look at my avatar<<<... the entire front end of my car is silverstars... ull be pleased (although HID is def the best way to go, minus the price)

That looks great bro i like the hood too....what show is at englishtown and when...car show im there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back