• Register Today It's free!

Black on Black?

mikegrad

Reaction score
City, State
Pleasantville, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited
Hi everyone, i just stumbled on this forum, and since I'm about to buy a 2016 Limited, i signed up! I say "about" because I'm having trouble making a decision. I cam in originally wanting Red with Tan interior. but the dealer wants to sell me an on lot limited, fully loaded, for less $$, but its Black with Black interior. the wife is worried its going to be too hot in the car with this combo. Can anyone comment on this? We live in NY so its not exactly the hottest climate. And its got the sunroof.

i would love everyones thoughts on this.

thanks
Mikegrad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Limited has heated and cooled seats. Go for it!

I just ordered a 2017 Limited 301A, black/black myself. Not even worried about it.

Limited has heated and cooled seats. Go for it!

I just ordered a 2017 Limited 301A, black/black myself. Not even worried about it.

yeah, if it wasn't for the cooled seats i wouldn't even consider.

nice, i like "scheduled".

Off topic but whats new in the 2017? Ive looked a little and i do see that carpal is available.. anything else that would be worth waiting for?

Yes, it will be much hotter, but the EX cools very quick and you can always autostart during the extremely hot days.

I herd a windshield sun shade helps and going to try myself.

there is a big difference, can see for yourself if you see two cars, one black one white parked beside each other and touch them. I wouldn't worry too much as mentioned, just get remote start.
If you were close to the poles or the equator it would be a concern then.

http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/cartemp/

Hi everyone, i just stumbled on this forum, and since I'm about to buy a 2016 Limited, i signed up! I say "about" because I'm having trouble making a decision. I cam in originally wanting Red with Tan interior. but the dealer wants to sell me an on lot limited, fully loaded, for less $$, but its Black with Black interior. the wife is worried its going to be too hot in the car with this combo. Can anyone comment on this? We live in NY so its not exactly the hottest climate. And its got the sunroof.

i would love everyones thoughts on this.

thanks
Mikegrad
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Since you asked, I'm not a fan of black. Gets very hot and like many 'dark' colours, requires frequent washing to stay clean. I prefer the lighter colours inside and out. With a black interior there is very little contrast and I find it too dark overall. With the moonroof it at least 'opens up' the interior. It all comes down to personal preference like most other items. If you're happy with it, I'd say go for it.:) The 2017 model will have Sync 3.
You can check out the 2017 Order Guide here; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443431&highlight=2017+order+guide

Peter

Peter

yeah, if it wasn't for the cooled seats i wouldn't even consider.

nice, i like "scheduled".

Off topic but whats new in the 2017? Ive looked a little and i do see that carpal is available.. anything else that would be worth waiting for?

Sync 3 with Carplay is reason enough...

We took delivery on a 2016 Focus this week with Sync 3 and I've found it to be an amazing, amazing upgrade over MyFord Touch. And I honestly didn't hate MFT to begin with.

Most of the rest is feature swaps between packages and trims.

Truth is its hotter than hell and the car stays warm for hours after...parked in a cool garage like underground or a snazzy hotel, its friggin warm 2 to 3 hours later.

I would swap on the spot for a red/tan Ltd with 301a pkg.

Anyone who is considering adding tint, ask about solar tint-especially for sunroof. This can block a good amount of heat as well as offer privacy.

btw cooled seats dont cool off the heat from anywhere except the drivers and passengers *****...:D

Here in TX I would be a bit leery about going black/black. We get a "privacy glass" option which is a really dark (but legal) factory window tint. Perhaps that is available in other locales, I don't know. But it does get friggin' Texas hot here and it is a killer sometimes. Not where you are in NY, but how long is the hot season there? Black/black might be ok if its not hot for that long. Sorry, but I am not a fan of red cars at all. Just don't like the color on an automobile. My first choice for a new Explorer would be silver/black. Kinda' generic I know but readily available in all configurations/option pkgs/etc. Plus I just like the look of the new Ex's in silver.

Back