• Register Today It's free!

Black PIU color code?

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU EB
Does anyone know the color code for black PIUs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Volksjager - it depends on the year of the PIU! Mine is Ebony Black (UA). I think you have the 2013 like I do. Check the bottom of the manufacturer's placard for the exact code. I found the paint code details in the Police Modifier Guide for 2013.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 1.04.36 PM.png

Pepe where would we find that sticker on our PIU?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Open the driver's door and look near the bottom of the 'B' pillar frame. That is usually where it is.

Peter

sometimes the paint code is available in the VIN if ford does that still. you can use a decoder to find out!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Open the driver's door and look near the bottom of the 'B' pillar frame. That is usually where it is.

Peter
I was afraid that may be the answer. My door is caution tape cooleres which is nice idea but not good for the normal placement of info. I will try searching the VIN like the next post states. I like my all black ride but lots of black options for touch up paint.

I don't know if this helps. It may if you are looking to touch up scratches. I believe it is Ebony Black.
I checked a couple other sites and they didn't even list black as an exterior colour.
I don't know if an auto body shop would give you the info.

Peter

I got a touch up pen from Amazon in Shadow Black to fix some chips on my PIU. The part number for the one I got was PMPC-19500-7343A.
Amazon product ASIN B0122BERASYou can purchase a Monroney sticker or a original window sticker from Ford if you want a definite paint color. I wasn't able to find a reliable decoder when I was trying to find my color. And my car doesn't have the sticker in the door jam.

You can purchase a Monroney sticker or a original window sticker from Ford if you want a definite paint color. I wasn't able to find a reliable decoder when I was trying to find my color. And my car doesn't have the sticker in the door jam.
The member is looking for the paint CODE. I don't believe that is on the window sticker.

Peter

The member is looking for the paint CODE. I don't believe that is on the window sticker.

Peter
That is true. I did check the window sticker but ended up calling Ford as suggested earlier with VIN and got UA code. Thanks all!

Back