Black rims on black explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black rims on black explorer

I would really like to change my rims and tires and after much delay I finally have the money for it, just dont tell the fiance or she'll want it for the wedding, but anyway, I have seen some great looking black SUV's with black rims. I want to go with 20's but cannot decide wether to go with chrome or black. I want to have a look that is noticable but not too extreme, the police in and around the burbs here love to pull over cars with mods. I was wondering what you think? Does anyone have a 3rd gen with black rims? does anyone have pics, or opinions about rims taht are not chrome? I appreciate your help, i dont want to spend the $$$ on something that fades, or isnt a quality product. I like the black ones with the chrome trim around the edge. Thanks in advance for any advice. I tried to include a pic of mine, but the file was too big, but it is in th phot gallary so you can search for my name. I tried with photoshop to see what mine would look like with the chromes and black rims but It didnt work out, beginner.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just click on your picture in your photo gallery and copy and paste the tagwith url like so:

[ATTACH=full]355187[/ATTACH]

What about black wheel with the polished or chrome lip? I like that look. When I get home I can photoshop something for you.

These wheels look to be made by RVM, which means they most likely 20x8.5 with a +35mm offset. I would go with the black wheels.
773451_89.jpg

They were until I got my Pirelli Scorpion ATs for them:) :)

Yeah I was looking at those, but couldnt make the drive, they sell them on E-bay as well. Thansk for the help, and the offer to photoshop my pic!

Whatever you do - DO NOT go with a tire this small:

2171134_5_full.jpg

Look how horrible that looks. Those rims will be bent in no time!

-Drew

thats a sick pic!

Hell no, I do not want a ride that looks like this. The tires are way too small and the rims look to f&%ked in my opinion, something like I think AWdrocks has? Is he the one from vancouver? that one that posted the debadged, clear corned ex. I want something clean looking.

Reading over my last thread, I want to clarify that I LIKE what AWDrocks and trayson have, but in my opinion I think the ex with the lambo doors does not look good. Just my opinion though. I just do not like that look. I do encourage everyone to have their own look, and their own opinion. I want the sporty, clean look that trayson and AWDrocks have, the almost stock yet sport look.

Back