Black trim maintenace and appearance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black trim maintenace and appearance

BobbyMarks

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT - 2012
Guys,

As you all know, there is a lot of ground to maintain when it comes to the "black trim areas". There some threads about this but it seems that the brands used by many members tend to fade off fairly quick.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Black and it seems to last a few weeks, even if I wash my EX every week when weather conditions are favorable.

Bobby:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like Aerospace 303. Not too expensive, and can be used on just about anything (except the paint). Even has UV blockers. Like susscreen for the rubber, vinyl, tire dressing, even leather (but, I like Zaino Z10 better for leather). 303 will not last between washings, though.

Hi there. Michael here from Sunny So. Florida. It's good to have found this forum.

Black Trim

I love a new product I found called ShineOn Black from a company called UFB Coatings (it stands for un-freaking-believable) but its only available via the Internet.

I'll second the usefullness of 303. Buy a gallon jug of it! You can spray it in the wheel wells, wipe the tires and trim, wipe the interior, shine the leaves on your houseplants, etc. Okay, maybe not the leaves but lots of other things!

I'll give the Ult. Black a try. Maybe the ShineOn Black if I bother to find some reviews of it, etc.

I use the cheapest tire foam cleaner I can find. Usually grab the four packs they have at costco/sams club. Will leave a good protected finish for a few weeks, cheap, and easy to apply, etc.

Back