Black "XLT" Letters for liftgate? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Black "XLT" Letters for liftgate?

BDub-85

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Hi all! I'm new here. Recently purchased a previously owned 2018 Explorer XLT. It is "blacked out" except for the front and back Ford emblems, the Ecoboost badge, and the "XLT" letters. I have already found, via this forum, solutions for making the Ford emblems and the Ecoboost emblem black. However, I am having trouble finding anything, whether on this forum or simply via Google, about modifying the "XLT" letters to make them black.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Hi all! I'm new here. Recently purchased a previously owned 2018 Explorer XLT. It is "blacked out" except for the front and back Ford emblems, the Ecoboost badge, and the "XLT" letters. I have already found, via this forum, solutions for making the Ford emblems and the Ecoboost emblem black. However, I am having trouble finding anything, whether on this forum or simply via Google, about modifying the "XLT" letters to make them black.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Did you get this done?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign