Black "XLT" Letters for liftgate? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Black "XLT" Letters for liftgate?

BDub-85

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Hi all! I'm new here. Recently purchased a previously owned 2018 Explorer XLT. It is "blacked out" except for the front and back Ford emblems, the Ecoboost badge, and the "XLT" letters. I have already found, via this forum, solutions for making the Ford emblems and the Ecoboost emblem black. However, I am having trouble finding anything, whether on this forum or simply via Google, about modifying the "XLT" letters to make them black.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
<

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Hi all! I'm new here. Recently purchased a previously owned 2018 Explorer XLT. It is "blacked out" except for the front and back Ford emblems, the Ecoboost badge, and the "XLT" letters. I have already found, via this forum, solutions for making the Ford emblems and the Ecoboost emblem black. However, I am having trouble finding anything, whether on this forum or simply via Google, about modifying the "XLT" letters to make them black.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Did you get this done?

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve