Blackberry torch 9810 compatible with MFT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blackberry torch 9810 compatible with MFT?

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
Hello,

I am about to change cell phones for my wife, we are looking at a Blackberry Torch 9810 with AT&T, but I do not find it on the sync cell phone compatibility list.

I sent a PM to the IVT team and I am waiting for an answer.

In the meantime, I am wondering if any the members here have one of these phones and who has the the connection to MFT worked out?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

I am about to change cell phones for my wife, we are looking at a Blackberry Torch 9810 with AT&T, but I do not find it on the sync cell phone compatibility list.

I sent a PM to the IVT team and I am waiting for an answer.

In the meantime, I am wondering if any the members here have one of these phones and who has the the connection to MFT worked out?

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I have the new blackberry 9900 (and while not exactly the same, I think very similar in OS) and it seems to work well for text messaging, and with bluetooth. I don't have Blackberry OS 7.1 installed yet though (waiting for provider to issue) so internet connectivity isn't happening yet.

I also notice that if I plug my phone in to the front console for charging, the current iteration of MFT gets upset as it is trying to index, etc. when all I want is charging.

Rebecca, Can you help me with this question?

Thanks,

Rebecca, Can you help me with this question?

Thanks,

new to ford,

The 9800 (with AT&T) was tested and labeled as Gold, so the 9810 shouldn't be much different. I would suggest you ask your phone provider if you can test one in your vehicle (with a sales associate) to see if it works well.

Rebecca

Back