Blacked out 07' XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blacked out 07' XLT

AllBlack

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post on here, thought I might show everyone my explorer. Enjoy.

Debadged, front grille painted black, tail painted black, tail lights smoked, headlights partial tint around light, 5% tint all around, doing 50% on my windshield soon, 24" status dynasty rims with the chrome inserts removed, Kenwood touch dash, 3 JL Audio W3v3 12"s in a sealed box running on a 750/1 JL HD amp.

Love it.

sideviewduringearlyday.jpg

frontviewblacked.jpg

leftsidefrontview.jpg

rightsideview.jpg

leftsideview.jpg

backblackedout.jpg

tire.jpg

kenwoodtouchdash.jpg

subswithamp.jpg

subswithfloormat.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

meh.. looks alright. I like all blacked out trucks but yours needs contrast of some sort... Not in a bad way though, still looks good

I love how we're all painting the outside of the headlights black:) Got a new trend goin on! Still mine seem to be different then everyone else:p:

I like it, but I do agree with So Cal. It does need some contrast. The audio system looks really good! Keep up the good work!

Looks good, the only thing i would do differntly IMO is to trim off the box to the sides like i did.

P_00014.jpg

Nice looking truck. I think maybe throwing the chrome back on the rims might give it that extra something but all in all it looks great.

I can't stand blacked out taillights. They look so cheap. Smoked taillights look good, but these things are black. The wheels are ridiculous as well. And the emblems look terrible blacked out. And the tint makes it look like a thugmobile. But otherwise, it's fine.

Wow....harsh on the guy..

What did you do for the factory lower molding? I have thinking of spraying mine grey like the second gen sports use to come.

Im gonna be bluntly honest.

...I love it! Thats what ive wanted todo to mine (Well my 95), but now my 00' but its not even black yet :p:

The only thing I would have done different, would be to add some chrome (Exhaust tip, maybe the grille), and I wouldnt have painted the ford emblems, I would have opened them and painted the blue black, so you'd still have "Ford" letters visible in chrome.

EDIT* Oh and tint the 3rd brakelight :)

I like smoked taillights but I don't want cops stopping me about blacked-out taillights and I don't want cars rear-ending me and claiming the brake lights were difficult to see. I do like the look of the truck overall.

Look's great mate, awesome stereo set up and dig the hidden amp, sweet ride:thumbsup:

I can't stand blacked out taillights. They look so cheap. Smoked taillights look good, but these things are black. The wheels are ridiculous as well. And the emblems look terrible blacked out. And the tint makes it look like a thugmobile. But otherwise, it's fine.

I'll take more pictures soon, the taillights are ONLY smoked, it just looks like that because of the weather outside. By the way, regarding your childish criticism, my car is called a Ford EXPLORER, and this is the EXPLORER forum, why don't you EXPLORE your criticism and learn that everyone goes for a different look with their explorer, I obviously was going for a more thugged out look than most, thats why my car isnt covered in dirt with a tow and lifted 10 inches. If you don't like it, just say what you prefer, not that my car looks "terrible".

Wow 24's, never seen bigger than 22's on Explorer.

What brand of tire did you select?

I'll take more pictures soon, the taillights are ONLY smoked, it just looks like that because of the weather outside. By the way, regarding your childish criticism, my car is called a Ford EXPLORER, and this is the EXPLORER forum, why don't you EXPLORE your criticism and learn that everyone goes for a different look with there explorer, I obviously was going for a more thugged out look than most, thats why my car isnt covered in dirt with a tow and lifted 10 inches. If you don't like it, just say what you prefer, not that my car looks "terrible".

Your kidding me?? That really wasn't that harsh of a comment... lol

If you want my .02 cents lose those wheels and paint the unpainted plastic trim black to match the body

Your kidding me?? That really wasn't that harsh of a comment... lol

If you want my .02 cents lose those wheels and paint the unpainted plastic trim black to match the body

Never said anything about harshness, just said he might want to be a little more open to different ideas with the way I and others did my explorer.

I just placed my chrome inserts back on the car and will be uploading pics soon, and yes could I actually have a couple hundred instead of .02 cents ;) I'd love to paint my plastic trim to match the body but I don't have the money at the moment, saving up for a new system.

X2 but mine are AT 2's, 265/70/17. I'm happy with mine:thumbsup:

looking good keep up good work

Looks nice! I too would put the inserts back in teh wheels. The 3rd BL would help alot too. I tinted mine with niteshade and it worked pretty good.

STU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like that deck. What are you tuning specs on the deck?

Back