• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Blacked out rear pillar

robbexp14

Reaction score
City, State
Select
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Hey guys, new here. I've been skimming through alot of posts here and hadn't seen a mod that I was thinking of trying. Has anyone blacked out the rear pillar on their Explorer's? Barring the obvious black and darker coloured ones. I think it looks kinda cool and may or may not do it to mine when it arrives. The pic is what I have ordered (rough photoshop lowering...). I colored in the rear pillar to get an idea and it turned out pretty good. I don't know if you guys are Explorer Purists though and maybe think this is too similar to the Land Rover?(sounds like a dumb question to ask the people of an "Explorer" forum, lol.)

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ieee_raider

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport

robbexp14

Reaction score
City, State
Select
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Cool, thanks!

JDookie

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Reminds me of a Flex.

robbexp14

Reaction score
City, State
Select
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
It does a little, doesn't it? It was a toss up for me, The Flex is a little too long and square for me. The Explorer has smoother, rounder lines, IMO.

CDN_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer LTD