Blacked out the interior today. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blacked out the interior today.

And i did it with the dash still in the car. Just took off all the thing i could and used folders to get in all the cracks and taped off the rest i will do a 2nd coat tomorrow try and dull it a lil bit to, then next week i will do the head liner and the back then after that the seats and floor and when that is all done i will trim it out with a 2nd color maybe red but idk yet . What yall think?

100_2579.jpg

100_2580.jpg

100_2581.jpg

100_2582.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

umm.....shiny!

It will be painfully hot in there this summer, I would think. Door panels look good, not sure I like the dash all-black

^Ya i don't like it all black to much my self that why when im done with it all im going to trim it out with red or another color not sure what color yet tho.

Ill bet it smells good in there...

From what I gather it takes a lot of sanding, and a special primer, to make it permanent. My 99 Limited panels are sun damaged due to the windows being out(wrecked, long time to sell). I just discovered some brand new 95-98 Limited door panels(three). I'm likely going to buy a pair of front seats from Summit that are black/gray. I don't know if the color contrast will be too much.

Ill bet it smells good in there...
yep and iidk how long it's going top stay but i got 8 car air fresheners in it now

I watched a guy paint the dash of his Focus once :rolleyes: I know, I know, but anyway he was high as a kite when he got done.
did he still colored in the lines lol
I'm hoping spray dye was used?
duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Spray
It's...glossy. :) How is the glare?
ya that will be a ***** might try and sand with a very hing grit to see if that helps if not next coat will be the flat
From what I gather it takes a lot of sanding, and a special primer, to make it permanent. My 99 Limited panels are sun damaged due to the windows being out(wrecked, long time to sell). I just discovered some brand new 95-98 Limited door panels(three). I'm likely going to buy a pair of front seats from Summit that are black/gray. I don't know if the color contrast will be too much.

I seen some kinda of primer and paint combo that I may one day use i just didn't want to take my dash out to do it.

hmm

i hate all tan interior and am replacing pieces with gray :|

How are the seats, I've been looking at a set of "would be" Recaros that come in black, gray or beige. Summit has them for just over $200 each(page 300), I'd love for someone else to try them first, hint. Regards,

Attachments

• DC2 style seat.jpg
    DC2 style seat.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 524

I didnt like the all grey color either:D

DSC00237.jpg

^^I was going to go with a 3 color set up just like urs but the gray was sun damaged in spots and stained in others. So for me if i was going to paint it all i might as well do black. what kinda of red did you use?

Duplicolor, same as the body color.

VHT Vinyl Dye SP-942, Summit Racing has it, I got mine locally though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good keep up the good work

Back