BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner

Thought I'd fire up a new thread for Seabeck 4x4 and Fab's latest prerunner project. This will be a very capable all-around comfort cruiser for the desert and mountains, and maybe an occasional grocery run mixed in:D

Some Specs:
2004 Ford Sport Trac 4x4
4.0L V6 SOHC
Spintech Muffler

Front Suspension:
Dixon Bros Racing LT 4x4 Kit
Fox 2.5x8 Coilover Reservoir Shocks
Fox 2.0x3 Bumpstops
Dixon Clevis steering kit
Dixon lower A-arm crossbar

Rear Suspension:
Deaver G50E pack
Warrior Products shackles
Fox 2.5x14 smoothbody reservoired shock
Fox 2.0x2 bumpstops
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab custom bedcage

Miscellaneous:
Hanneman Fiberglass (front and rear)
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab front bumper
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab rear bumper/tire carrier
Hella 700FF & rallye 4000 pencil beam lights
Procomp M/T 33x12.50R15
Procomp 152 simulated beadlock wheels
Beard/Corbeau seats w/ matching rear bench

The customer has already installed the fiberglass, and as soon as we get the arms coated, the suspension install will begin!

Teaser Pic :D
parts1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not running sway bars front or rear. Definitely doesn't need'em for now. There isn't even very much body roll as it is.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

when my trac grows up...

If you don't mind me asking about how much did all this cost? I'm looking to do something similar to mine and would just like to get an idea.

Thanks,
Dan

Figured I'd update this thread since it's been a while since my last post. But, I just got some new wheels for the trac. I'll post pics up soon.

Great Build man, every once in a while I think of buying a trac and transferring all my gear from my ranger over. What are you running for CVs up front? were you able to get CVs before Aaron stopped making them? I would like to go DBR but still need my 4x4.

I am in Renton and would love to come take a look at the truck some time and see how its set up.

Great Build man, every once in a while I think of buying a trac and transferring all my gear from my ranger over. What are you running for CVs up front? were you able to get CVs before Aaron stopped making them? I would like to go DBR but still need my 4x4.

I am in Renton and would love to come take a look at the truck some time and see how its set up.

Sometimes I wish I built a ranger just for the ease of parts and other stuff. But, I do love the 4 doors and the back seat. As for my setup I still do not have front axles, thanks to DBR. It's been an ugly and tiring process to get something made up, but still no luck. Been running it 2wd and it does pretty well still. But if you want to check it out sometime I'd be happy to show it. Just lets know.

Sometimes I wish I built a ranger just for the ease of parts and other stuff. But, I do love the 4 doors and the back seat. As for my setup I still do not have front axles, thanks to DBR. It's been an ugly and tiring process to get something made up, but still no luck. Been running it 2wd and it does pretty well still. But if you want to check it out sometime I'd be happy to show it. Just lets know.

hahaha ya the grass always looks greener lol, the axle thing is what has kept me from going DBR I would love the LT but have to have 4x4. I have heard it has been a nightmare trying to find axles that will work. I will hit you up over the holidays working on putting together a snow run on some of the other forums might as well get some exp guys too.

A snow run would be fun if I had 4wd. But either way I'm always down for a offroad adventure. Except I'm pretty booked up for the holidays. Maybe after or something.

RockRanger- DBR does make a LT kit that widens your front a-arms but as of right now does not offer axles to complete the 4x4 kit he sells. His machine shop that made his axles went out of business and he doesn't have another shop yet. So good luck finding axles until he gets his priorities straight. If it were me, and I didn't have a complete kit to offer for the 4x4 guys. I wouldn't have it available or seem available to the consumers. Basically right now I believe the one piece that is preventing others from building axles is the "broach" the female adapter to connect to the diff to convert to a 930 setup.

finally a little update with pics, got some new shoes
1356589818.jpg

1356589760.jpg

RockRanger- DBR does make a LT kit that widens your front a-arms but as of right now does not offer axles to complete the 4x4 kit he sells. His machine shop that made his axles went out of business and he doesn't have another shop yet. So good luck finding axles until he gets his priorities straight. If it were me, and I didn't have a complete kit to offer for the 4x4 guys. I wouldn't have it available or seem available to the consumers. Basically right now I believe the one piece that is preventing others from building axles is the "broach" the female adapter to connect to the diff to convert to a 930 setup.

When you bought the kit did you know it was going to be short axleshafts? I agree that if they cannot sell the kit complete they shouldn't sell it at all.

finally a little update with pics, got some new shoes
1356589818.jpg

1356589760.jpg

Nice I saw those on craigslist, it was a great buy, what are you running for adapters? those were 5on5 right?

I didn't know the axles were not complete. He notified me after I realized it wasn't in the box with the rest.

Yeah, it was an awesome buy, I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was planning to run a larger wheel and not steel wheels anymore. I'm running poison spider adapters. 5x5.5 1.25" spacer

I didn't know the axles were not complete. He notified me after I realized it wasn't in the box with the rest.

Yeah, it was an awesome buy, I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was planning to run a larger wheel and not steel wheels anymore. I'm running poison spider adapters. 5x5.5 1.25" spacer

Nice they look sweet on the truck!

Thanks

Small updates to my trac. Swapped all the interior and exterior lights for LED's. These are much brighter IMO and I love the look of the bright white color. The OEM front map lights were an odd setup but I shouldn't have to worry about it anymore.
1370487378_zps19a5e16b.jpg

1370487373_zps7bcf9280.jpg

I also had to modify my fuel filler neck to clear the rear suspension travel. The tire was rubbing on the line and ended up wearing a small hole enough to make gas leak during fill-up. So this is the temporary fix. Next step will be a fuel cell relocated between the frame rails.

1370487382_zps002536f5.jpg

1370487383_zps6b5b2899.jpg

Oh... and Ol' Blacky is back on 35's again. I'll try to post up picture. Should be starting the build of the roof rack soon.

1374288588_zps5869ff7c.jpg

1374288592_zps27fae299.jpg

Truck looks great. I especially like the wheels. I have always liked the Robby Gordon style wheels. Why did you choose to run a CA flag being from WA?

Back