BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner

Thought I'd fire up a new thread for Seabeck 4x4 and Fab's latest prerunner project. This will be a very capable all-around comfort cruiser for the desert and mountains, and maybe an occasional grocery run mixed in:D

Some Specs:
2004 Ford Sport Trac 4x4
4.0L V6 SOHC
Spintech Muffler

Front Suspension:
Dixon Bros Racing LT 4x4 Kit
Fox 2.5x8 Coilover Reservoir Shocks
Fox 2.0x3 Bumpstops
Dixon Clevis steering kit
Dixon lower A-arm crossbar

Rear Suspension:
Deaver G50E pack
Warrior Products shackles
Fox 2.5x14 smoothbody reservoired shock
Fox 2.0x2 bumpstops
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab custom bedcage

Miscellaneous:
Hanneman Fiberglass (front and rear)
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab front bumper
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab rear bumper/tire carrier
Hella 700FF & rallye 4000 pencil beam lights
Procomp M/T 33x12.50R15
Procomp 152 simulated beadlock wheels
Beard/Corbeau seats w/ matching rear bench

The customer has already installed the fiberglass, and as soon as we get the arms coated, the suspension install will begin!

Teaser Pic :D
parts1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

updates... my man Josh got the bump cans tacked in and ready for plating next. Striker pads are tacked as well.

1303311906.jpg

1303311905.jpg

1303311903.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The bump cans are in there! Nice work!

Thanks brotha...gonna pull the main leaf off tomorrow and weld the strikers, then get the pack back together and get the limits sorted. Will try to get the fuel lines on Friday so those can get buttoned up and I can turn her around and get started on the front this weekend if all goes well!!! :D

awesome, sounds like a pretty successful wednesday night! Next time I swing by I'll bring some beers cause it sounds like you deserve some! ;)

Nice work man! Look at how clean that frame is, has that thing ever gone off the pavement?:D

Nice work man! Look at how clean that frame is, has that thing ever gone off the pavement?:D

Hopefully not, cause I just bought it! :) It's used w/ 60k miles on it. Definitely found an awesome and clean trac. Wanted to build it before I play with it.

Did you happen to do the gas filler neck and brake lines yet? Can't wait to turn her around and check out the beautiful front side!!! :)
:usa:

subscribing

Enough with that rear crap, let's get on to the front! :) The pass side is all welded up, including the special little A-arm gussets, courtesy of Camburg. Slight modifications were needed to make them fit properly around each A-arm mounting point, but nothing that a little custom-tailoring that a flap wheel couldn't handle :)

I pressed in the upper BJ's tonight in preparation for tomorrow's mounting with no issues, but could not get the lowers to sit properly...snap rings wouldn't sit 100%...just an RCH off. Will press them back out in the morning, give it some light TLC with the die grinder and she should go right in. So then, just weld up the D side and get everything bolted up and move onto the front bumper...allegedly. Too much talking not enough pics...damn Heineken. :)

Tires back on the ass end....
P4280001.jpg

Dixon Bros fit right up on the pass side, Driver's side was a bit tricky with battery box and hella wires/brakelines...actually went on easier than my ranger though...
P5010009.jpg

P5010010.jpg

Nice Camburg gusset kit
P5010011.jpg

Can't wait to get a nice bumper built to top er' off...
P5010017.jpg

Casey - Did take care of the fuel filler stuff...brakeline pending...

Amazing buddy, Love the look of the rear end all buttoned up. Fronts starting to look very good too. Hopefully I can swing by today, we'll see. I'll bring you those lights so you don't have to wait on me for the proper light tabs and whatnot.

Great job so far!

****!!! I'm Lovin it!

****!!! Dude, amazing! I can't wait to come check it out this weekend. Great work, we'll have to test drive it.

haha... it's because they can't handle the Blak Trac. :) Awesome man, I can't wait to come check it out. How was the test drive?

Back