BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner

Thought I'd fire up a new thread for Seabeck 4x4 and Fab's latest prerunner project. This will be a very capable all-around comfort cruiser for the desert and mountains, and maybe an occasional grocery run mixed in:D

Some Specs:
2004 Ford Sport Trac 4x4
4.0L V6 SOHC
Spintech Muffler

Front Suspension:
Dixon Bros Racing LT 4x4 Kit
Fox 2.5x8 Coilover Reservoir Shocks
Fox 2.0x3 Bumpstops
Dixon Clevis steering kit
Dixon lower A-arm crossbar

Rear Suspension:
Deaver G50E pack
Warrior Products shackles
Fox 2.5x14 smoothbody reservoired shock
Fox 2.0x2 bumpstops
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab custom bedcage

Miscellaneous:
Hanneman Fiberglass (front and rear)
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab front bumper
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab rear bumper/tire carrier
Hella 700FF & rallye 4000 pencil beam lights
Procomp M/T 33x12.50R15
Procomp 152 simulated beadlock wheels
Beard/Corbeau seats w/ matching rear bench

The customer has already installed the fiberglass, and as soon as we get the arms coated, the suspension install will begin!

Teaser Pic :D
parts1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test drive FTW. I'm beginning to think people dont like SportTracs around here...no love

Oh I, for one, am watching it with great interest.:thumbsup: BUT, I found this build by accident since it's in the "Offroad Explorer - Ranger Projects" and I don't offroad. May be more response if it was in the Sport Trac section, IDK.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Defintely keeping tabs on this build. :popcorn:

Perfect welds man, what setup are you using?? :notworthy:

Thanks Midnight, always room for improvement...i'm using a Miller 252 MIG with .035 wire.

I am traveling out of town right now so unfortunately won't be around to work on her this weekend, but I'm looking forward to finishing the front bumper and getting her back on all fours :) The front end is all done, but it's easier to work on the bumper without the tires on, and nice not to be shooting sparks all over them too :D

Front end done
P5080005.jpg

P5080006.jpg

Start on front bumper (cut and capped frame horns and installed a crossmember)
P5090006.jpg

Looking good. Let's see some pics of it outside standing on it's own.

The front tires aren't going to be mounted on until after the front bumper is built. So those pics won't come for a couple more weeks.

Josh amazing work, the front bumper really ties everything together. Can't wait to see it with the skid plate and lights on it. 3 Hella 4000's will fit nicely in that light guard you made. I'm falling in love all over again. :)

Looks awesome Josh!!

I plan to do a 9" eventually but for now, the 8.8 will work. When the time comes for the 9" I plan to either run 64" springs or do a 3 or 4 link.

Thanks for helping me keep this thing up to par on posting pics Josh. Ill try to post pics when the spare tires get mounted and wiring gets installed.

that thing is sooo bad ass

Beautifulll!!!! amazing trucks, when ya hittin the trail??

I'll hit the trails as soon as the brakelines get swapped.

Well we got the rear brakeline put together yesterday, and took her out for a little spin at a local spot. Had to cut it a bit short due to gnar tire rubbage in the front, which will be tended to, but all in all it handled very well. Will be great when everything is clearanced properly and it can flex its muscles a bit :D

Amen... Had a good time out there plan to get all the tires clearing and I'll take a pic or two of the sexy brakelines. :)

Back