BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BLAKTRAC - 04 Sport Trac 4x4 Prerunner

Thought I'd fire up a new thread for Seabeck 4x4 and Fab's latest prerunner project. This will be a very capable all-around comfort cruiser for the desert and mountains, and maybe an occasional grocery run mixed in:D

Some Specs:
2004 Ford Sport Trac 4x4
4.0L V6 SOHC
Spintech Muffler

Front Suspension:
Dixon Bros Racing LT 4x4 Kit
Fox 2.5x8 Coilover Reservoir Shocks
Fox 2.0x3 Bumpstops
Dixon Clevis steering kit
Dixon lower A-arm crossbar

Rear Suspension:
Deaver G50E pack
Warrior Products shackles
Fox 2.5x14 smoothbody reservoired shock
Fox 2.0x2 bumpstops
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab custom bedcage

Miscellaneous:
Hanneman Fiberglass (front and rear)
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab front bumper
Seabeck 4x4 and Fab rear bumper/tire carrier
Hella 700FF & rallye 4000 pencil beam lights
Procomp M/T 33x12.50R15
Procomp 152 simulated beadlock wheels
Beard/Corbeau seats w/ matching rear bench

The customer has already installed the fiberglass, and as soon as we get the arms coated, the suspension install will begin!

Teaser Pic :D
parts1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is looking amazing. Please keep the updates and pics rolling :thumbsup:

I'll just put it out there that if you decide to sell anytime in the future, please email me. I have built trucks before, so it's not that I'm afraid to build, I just like what I see here.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

so good

Thanks again guys... the truck is performing amazing lately. I've been taking it out on some rough tank trails on the military base to do a little test run and work out the bugs. Should be taking the truck out this weekend for some fun, I'll try to get some pics/vids to post up.

Thanks for the compliments! Stay tuned

Haven't updated in a few weeks or so, but I did finally get my spares mounted up and thankfully the 35's fit perfectly. The bedcage was built to fit 33's but I went with 35's in the end. But Josh left just enough room for the larger tires. This weekend I should be taking the trac out to Moses Lake for a full test run. Hopefully I get some good pics/vids to post up.

1311904007.jpg

1311904008.jpg

Again, this truck is just beautiful

it looks like you have a cover on the front of the two, are you protecting both from the weather and sun

Yeah, I have a cover for both tires. I just took it off for the pictures.

Pics from over the weekend
1315285192.jpg

1315285673.jpg

1315331198.jpg

1315331193.jpg

1315285792.jpg

1315331196.jpg

nice build up if your ever down in the OC hit me up maybe get a little prerunner explorer meet up it would be sick to ACTUALLY meet up with some of these guys
:) F.Y.I. i very much approve:)

Once I get a tow rig I'll start planning trips back down to Cali.

Just got some new seats that are going in as soon as we start knocking out the cage.

yeah if you ever come down here PM me before you come down and i can make arrangements at calico or maybe even henderson

Thanks man, she's still got a long way to go. But I'm very pleased so far. Wish I would have went with uniball instead of bushings. They are very squeaky and noisy.

THIS S-T is AMAZING!!! I love the pre-runner sport-tracs.

looks amazing! I would love mine to look like that its the sport with that body style.

They are 14" stroke. Yes the springs are the deaver g50e pack

Back