Bleeding ABS 93 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Bleeding ABS 93

agobbie

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok I'm back again - I was having problems with my brakes, and taking the advise form all of ya on here I bought a new master cylinder, bench bled it installed it and bled all 4 wheels ! I still have a soft pedal ????

Can a reguar brake shop bleed the abs ? Ford want $100 to bleed em and I aint paying it !

Thanks once again !

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
If you have rear ABS only, then you could bleed it without a special tool. If it's 4 wheel ABS, then you either need a special solenoid modulating tool, or a scanner which could open, and close the solenoids in the block while it's being bled.

agobbie

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok stoopid Question But how do I know if I only have rear ABS and if so How do I bleed em ?

mikeinri

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer, 94 XLT (RIP)
I have a 94 with ABS, have always just bled them like any other car. Either I'm doing something wrong, or it doesn't matter.

Mike

Potomac30

Reaction score
City, State
IRMo, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4WD
"As seen on TV"... the recommendation for older abs systems is to get on some gravel and do some hard stops causing the abs to activate. this gets the new fluid into the abs; then you bleed the brakes again.

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
93/94 have 4 wheel abs. Well most 93's anyway. Easy way is to turn the X to run & the ABS light should light up. Or it will have a rear abs indicator.