Blend door actuator broken lever | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Blend door actuator broken lever

Itsme03

Reaction score
City, State
Bakersfield
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explored xlt
Can the blend door actuator lever be replaced without pulling the blender out? It looks like opening the glove box going in with a screwdriver you might be able to pry the old one off with it in there instead of pulling your dash apart and doing that has anyone tried

Mr. Alligator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Explorer
Welcome to this Forum. Try your Search Bar…. Lots of good information here.

Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
You have to remove the dash, depending on how the door arm broke.
For me, I stuff something up there in between winter and summer to direct which air I want.
If you have enough of the arm left, you may be able to rig it.

However, talking to the dealer once, they said that the actuator goes bad and breaks these (too much reach?) but I don’t know if that’s true. Just saying you may want to replace it at the same time.

chris8428

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Expanding on what Number4 said, I had enough of the arm left to drill a hole and use zip ties to secure it to the actuator arm. Fifteen months later and it is still working. However, I will admit when the selector switch is in full defrost mode it helps to close the center air vents as some air will still come through that way.