• Register Today It's free!

Blend Door Actuator Question

hawkk72

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
1999 Explorer, blend door is fine but actuator won't work. Bought new actuator, same problem. Check all fuses and all seem to be ok. Bought used dash control unit and still have the same problem. Where to check next????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1999 Explorer, blend door is fine but actuator won't work. Bought new actuator, same problem. Check all fuses and all seem to be ok. Bought used dash control unit and still have the same problem. Where to check next????

Fuses? Also, Check continuity on wiring harness.

I'm assuming that there are no fuses in the box under the hood which have anything to do with the actuator. I've checked all the fuses in the panel on the driver side. I'll check the wiring tomorrow. If anyone has any other ideas I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

I assume there is nothing in the fuse/relay box under the hood that has anything to do with the actuator. I checked all fuses in the panel on the driver side dash and all were ok. I'll check the wiring tomorrow. If anyone has other ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

Then run the self test. I don't have the key sequence in front of me, but do a search as it's been mentioned here a few times. See if the new head unit will run the test. If not, you have a bad head unit. Got two off eBay that were bad. If it runs the test, but fails, then remove the actuator and run it again with the actuator hooked up, but not installed. Watch for movement in the actuator. One of the things the self test does is run the actuator through it's range of motion both ways (full hot and full cold) Also, when you replaced the head unit, did you replace it with the correct one? Did the color codes match? If not, who knows what will happen. Finally, if all that checks out, you have no other choice but to do the pinpoint tests in the manual. That will check your wiring for you.

Back