• Register Today It's free!

Blend Door / EATC / Actuator?

MINERALGSVT

Reaction score
City, State
Carmel, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Saleen XP8
So, my 99 EB 5.0 recently started clicking when I would go from cool to warm temp setting. Then, the clicking stopped and was stuck in cold only coming from the floor vents. I figured that the blend door actuator had broken a gear and ordered up a Motorcraft replacement.

So, I removed the old actuator and went to install the new one. I decided to check it before bolting it in to place. When I plugged in the connector, the shaft does not move when changing the temp setting.

So, did I get a bum actuator? Or is there something wrong with the EATC that is not sending a signal to move the actuator?

Thanks

Assuming you got the CORRECT one, install it, it needs to check the door excursion/limits. I tried 3 different versions of Dorman one but only the one that I got from dealership worked.
After that you can test and reset the ETAC:

EATCSelfTest.jpg

Try pulling the fuse to reset the memory. I believe there is a safety feature where it stops sending power to the motor if it isnt working properly.

I did the EATC test and no codes were found. It did move the actuator (actually both) so it must have reset itself. I think my issue now is the blend door is broken on the top.

Back