• Register Today It's free!

Blend door issue?

Ken Atch

Reaction score
City, State
Eureka, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I have a 2016 Explorer with climate control problems. The initial problem was the defrost does not come on. I can turn the defrost “on” but the air will only blow out of the vents used to heat or cool the cabin and not blow out the defrost. Now I have issues with the dual climate control where only the passenger side climate works. The blower works on the driver side, but will not blow hot or cold, while the passenger side works fine other than defrost. Do I need to replace 2 actuators? Another question I have: Is there a way to reset the climate control system? I have used the touch screen and manual controls on the climate control and get the same results. I recently replaced the water pump and refilled the ac coolant (after water pump repair). After doing this the air conditioner worked on the driver’s side for about a month, but now I am back to just the passenger side working. There are no leaks of ac coolant.

I have a 2016 Explorer with climate control problems. The initial problem was the defrost does not come on. I can turn the defrost “on” but the air will only blow out of the vents used to heat or cool the cabin and not blow out the defrost. Now I have issues with the dual climate control where only the passenger side climate works. The blower works on the driver side, but will not blow hot or cold, while the passenger side works fine other than defrost. Do I need to replace 2 actuators? Another question I have: Is there a way to reset the climate control system? I have used the touch screen and manual controls on the climate control and get the same results. I recently replaced the water pump and refilled the ac coolant (after water pump repair). After doing this the air conditioner worked on the driver’s side for about a month, but now I am back to just the passenger side working. There are no leaks of ac coolant.
to reset everything i think youll have to disconnext battery for 10 mins. interesting that it worked after a recharge.

Back