Blind spot / cross traffic sensor / transmission not in park / all alerts intermittently going off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blind spot / cross traffic sensor / transmission not in park / all alerts intermittently going off

Been driving it for a little over a week and did not have a single issue... until today. More flashing messages and warning sounds. Looks like it's back to ford next week. Apparently when they replicated the error last time they were manually doing it by playing with the fuses. Said Ford wouldn't allow them to move forward until the vehicle naturally does it itself. :/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been driving it for a little over a week and did not have a single issue... until today. More flashing messages and warning sounds. Looks like it's back to ford next week. Apparently when they replicated the error last time they were manually doing it by playing with the fuses. Said Ford wouldn't allow them to move forward until the vehicle naturally does it itself. :/
Good luck!

Dealership had it for a few weeks. Determined it was a bad gateway module and got that replaced. We had to take it on a trip this weekend 4ish hour drive, and everything went great.. then I kid you not, LITERALLY as we pulled into the parking garage at the hotel the alerts popped up. Just got off the phone with Ford and will be dropping it back off this week to see what can be done.

Dealership had it for a few weeks. Determined it was a bad gateway module and got that replaced. We had to take it on a trip this weekend 4ish hour drive, and everything went great.. then I kid you not, LITERALLY as we pulled into the parking garage at the hotel the alerts popped up. Just got off the phone with Ford and will be dropping it back off this week to see what can be done.
At this point, I'd want the entire network in the truck changed out. Every module, every cable, every gateway. Something is really messed up in that system and you have no idea if it's infecting other components.

Well... want to provided an update in case it is helpful for others since most of the other posts I found with similar issues did not come to a conclusion.

Our dealership actually brought a ford engineer in to help them, and had the car there for another 3 weeks or so. They someone narrow it down to a short in the ACM (Audio Control Module), replaced it, and have not had an issue since. Made a couple 3-4 hour trips with it since then and a lot of around town driving with no issue so feeling pretty confidant it was resolved.

Hi,

I've searched all over the web for help with issues were encountering with our explorer and have not had much luck.

We have a 2019 Explorer Sport, with just over 35K miles on it. Recently, we have been getting error alerts of all kinds. It runs/drives fine with no hesitation or stutter, but will intermittingly start flashing error lights and then all dash and center console will go black. Usually, it will flash the Cross Traffic, Blind Spot and Transmission not in part alerts quickly and then everything will shut off. This happens while we are driving. Then after a few seconds, everything will come back on and be normal. We've taken it into Ford and they were able to pull codes, they stated were "Loss of communication" codes, but were unable to replicate it. Check engine light does not come on. They seem to be stumped and have looked at it a few times over the last few weeks with no luck in finding the source.

I'm unsure were to start, and Ford seems to be at a standstill on it. They submitted information to there national help line as well on suggestions to help future diagnosis it but until there, or until we have continued issues we have the car again. We drove it around all weekend with no issues, until Monday afternoon then the error messages started popping up. We happened to make it to our destination (Target) and figured we'd might as well go in so parked the car. Came about out 30ish minutes later and have no future issues with the car the rest of the day.
I have a 2014 explorer limited doing the exact same thing

Any update Russell?

Peter

A battery with a dead cell will cause sensors to trigger inadvertently. Corroded terminals and bad grounds can also do it.

Any update Russell?

Peter

Yup, doing good! I did post an update a few posted above this but just to make sure its not missed...

Our dealership actually brought a ford engineer in to help them, and had the car there for another 3 weeks or so. They someone narrow it down to a short in the ACM (Audio Control Module), replaced it, and have not had an issue since. Made a couple 3-4 hour trips with it since then and a lot of around town driving with no issues.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone else that runs into this issue, or at least gives you something else to check.

I'm not a Ford engineer but Audio Control Module causing the dash and traffic sensors to go off doesn't seem right. I tried to find ACM for the Explorer and it comes back with various results including the APIM which is what I am guessing they replaced (Accessory Protocol Interface Module).

I'm not a Ford engineer but Audio Control Module causing the dash and traffic sensors to go off doesn't seem right. I tried to find ACM for the Explorer and it comes back with various results including the APIM which is what I am guessing they replaced (Accessory Protocol Interface Module).
Unless a literal wire was cross-connecting with another module.

Back