Blinding Door handles | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Blinding Door handles

banditxp

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Junction, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Explorer XLT V8
Sooo who else cant stand it when the sun comes in just right and reflects off the nice chrome inside door handle right into your face... :D

Been trying to figure out a nice looking way to fix this. already fixed the chrome ring around the shifter with some carbon fiber look 3m vinyl.
But i dont think that will work on the door handle because you hand is always rubbing and touching it so i think it will wear off/fall off over time.

Anyone else done something to get rid of the blinding chrome peaces inside? lol

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Jstcruz

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ex XLT & 84 Ranger
I've never done it but you could try taking some 600 grit sandpaper and just buffing them. It would give them a platinum look without the reflectiveness.

<

waskly

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Crooklyn NY!
never had this problem, i guess you could probably paint them, but wear and tare will probably remove that over time.

<

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
never had this problem, i guess you could probably paint them, but wear and tare will probably remove that over time.

I love my chrome so much I removed the emblems from the exterior and actually put one of the explorer emblems onto my passenger side dash above the glove box. I even took the advance track emblem and attached it into the pocket above the radio. Chrome is good:thumbsup: Why kill your bling. It is in no way too much and I would never waste my time putting effort into removing the chrome. :salute:

<

mounted

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mountaineer 4.6L 4wd
I thought about Plasti dipping them.

<

Davidm53

Reaction score
City, State
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
I wear sunglasses, takes care of the glare.

<