Blindspot System Fault - 2011 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blindspot System Fault - 2011 Explorer XLT

tdube

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Picked up my new 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and now I get about 5 minutes into driving every time a Blindspot System Fault showing the back left corner of my Explorer and the right side mirror has the yellow alert light on. I press ok on the warning and it goes away but the mirror light is still lit?

Anyone have the same? I'm trying to avoid taking to dealer every moment but this is happening ever 5-10 in minutes after driving...

TOdd:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it back, everything better still be under warranty!

Where'd you buy it from if you don't mind me asking? The only good experiences I've had from around here are at Richmond Ford.. Universal, Tally and Sheehy have all been a bunch of turds to me. Probably because my truck is 15 years old and I refuse to get rid of it.. :p:

Got it from universal, just dont want to drop it off for a 1/2 day, etc. Will do this next week. I went to them because of rep as well.

THANKS
Todd

That's where my Explorer came from.. They still send my parents letters and customer surveys and stuff even though they've moved twice since the purchase. So customer service should be good! Remember don't pay anything!!

p.s. - I've got a 15 yr old Universal Ford emblem if you'd like to stick it on the back of your Ex.. hahah

@tdube... if/when you ever get resolution to prob, pls post. Nice to be able to track and understand the resolution. Thx

Picked up my new 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and now I get about 5 minutes into driving every time a Blindspot System Fault showing the back left corner of my Explorer and the right side mirror has the yellow alert light on. I press ok on the warning and it goes away but the mirror light is still lit?

Anyone have the same? I'm trying to avoid taking to dealer every moment but this is happening ever 5-10 in minutes after driving...

TOdd:(

Hey Todd,

I can certainly understand your concern with the mirror light staying lit. I recommend that your vehicle be inspected by your Ford dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms your Explorer may be experiencing. As you mentioned, the problem may be intermittent, but it's still a problem. Your next step is to make an appointment with your purchase dealership to have your vehicle diagnosed. Please PM me if further assistance is needed. Thank you.

Seni

Thought I saw this mentioned as a known recall issue in another thread that's been active in past few days. Not sure which, but if you look through them, one of them has some recall print-outs provided by someone with access to them.

Back