Bling, Blings. (quick question) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bling, Blings. (quick question)

I need to see some pics of other peoples X's that has at least 20" rims on them.

I am thinking about either putting on some 20"s or 22"s.

Also since the Eddie Bauer Edition has side fender flares. DO you think I might have to remove them to fit the 20's or 22's??

Thanks all,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you're getting them, get a nice set of spinners!

Nah,

I am not a person who wears gold all over, nor have 1 or 2 gold teeth.

IMHO spinners are for the ghetto boys. Oh I am not ghetto. Just want a clean rig. Tired of the 16" EB chrome rims. thats all.

its 2wd.. so not worth doing a lift or off road deal. (I got a jeep for that anyways)

It is a 96.... motor is not so peppy.
Only on take off due to the 4.10s in the rear. But after 50mph... then what? lol

So Bling, Blings,, clean 20's or 22"s might be a worth while solution. ;) -make it a street cruiser.

I don't see how the side fender flares get in the way of 20's or 22's. If anything it will make your new wheel set up look NOT stick out so much. You could keep 'em if you like the look.

You will want to keep the flares, unless you want to get body work done to fill in all the square holes that will be left on the fender. Also, the ends of the running boards will look real bad without the flares on.

Get a nice set of 20s man, 22s with the rubber band tires are expensive as hell and cost a whole lot. The tire costs from 20" to 22" go up exponentially.

96...It really depends how you set your ride up. The wheel offset, width of the rim and tires. I have 20x8.5 wheels on 265/50R20 rubbers. In addition I took out the torsion bolts out. My fender flares do get rubbed when I hit a big bumps and large dips. It hits the very inner edge of it. Trimming them off helps, but still rubs every now and then. I got a '00EB and yours is a 96. I am not sure is the flares are desidned the same way, but if you don't drop it and don't drive on road with lots of holes and dips, I think you will be fine.

i vote for 22s- 20s just dont' make much of a statement.

in my view if your gonna try for the big chrome look you got to do it right

P.S.

There is a person that is selling some BOSS wheels in the For Sale section. He also has a 96 EB that he sold. You might want to contact him if he had any issues with the fender flares rubbing. Hope that helps.

Personally, dont waste your time with 22's in my opinion. 20's look just as good, and you can get away with a pot hole or two. Slapping spray foam on a 22 just wont cut it. I have 20's on my X, and thank god they're not 22's. A curb or 2 here and kiss those 22's goodbye.

here's my 20's if you want to look

Back