blinkers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blinkers

How hard do yall think it would be to reverse the blinker function. I was thinking about maybe having it be bright all the time with the lights on then dim when the blinker switched. Secondly is there a heat issue with this. if so it seems that you could make a small led array and just replace the bulbs with that. i doubt people would like it if i made a set of leds to match the headlights then made them go even brighter with the blinker. Let me know what you think about this and any ideas you may have.

Originally posted by major
How hard do yall think it would be to reverse the blinker function. I was thinking about maybe having it be bright all the time with the lights on then dim when the blinker switched. Secondly is there a heat issue with this. if so it seems that you could make a small led array and just replace the bulbs with that. i doubt people would like it if i made a set of leds to match the headlights then made them go even brighter with the blinker. Let me know what you think about this and any ideas you may have.

I suspect that you could just cut and cross wire the leads to the parking lamps and the turn signals. The changed resistance might cause the blinkers to blink at a fast rate, thinking that a bulb was burnt out.

WHY is another question.

Maybe i should have clarified a little. i have clear corners and use the superwhite bulbs. when just the parking lights are running with no blinker the lights are brown. when the blinker is on they are white. Thats why i wanted to reverse the cycle. i guess it would seem stupid with the stock bulbs and lenses. now that yall know keep the ideas coming or problems too.

Back