• Register Today It's free!

BLIS Error after mirror damage

Captain Slow

Reaction score
City, State
London
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Limited 4WD
Hello everyone, due to what we shall call a small misjudgement the passenger glass fell out and the wires to the wires to the BLIS indicator connector were ripped out! Then I have a BLIS and cross traffic alert. I have had to order a new glass form the USA. Is it a coincidence that I have this warning as I height the BLIS sensors and modules are either side of the rear bumper? Could anyone advise me please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone, due to what we shall call a small misjudgement the passenger glass fell out and the wires to the wires to the BLIS indicator connector were ripped out! Then I have a BLIS and cross traffic alert. I have had to order a new glass form the USA. Is it a coincidence that I have this warning as I height the BLIS sensors and modules are either side of the rear bumper? Could anyone advise me please.
Quick update in case anyone has a loom repair on the mirror for the BLIS found this pre made.

CD94036B-59F4-4278-A25E-230C28CD0B2C.jpeg

I'm guessing this is a part that is in the mirror? Did it fix the issue?

Peter

I'm guessing this is a part that is in the mirror? Did it fix the issue?

Peter
Yes it the connector that clips into the OLED indicator circuit board. Soldered in this to the original wires with
some heat shrink over the top.

Where did you purchase this pig tail assembly for the BLIS mirror connector?
Hello I got it from RS in the uk which in the USA I believe is Allied Electronics and automation.

Same thing happened to me on my 2020 Explorer ST. Mirror shattered and the connector was stuck in the mirror. I searched all over and could not find it. THank you very much for posting this. It was back ordered on RS. I found it here in the US at mouser electronics. Was 1.99. Their part number is
15135-0203
Desc.:Rectangular Cable Assemblies Rectangular Cable Assemblies Clickmate 2CKT CBL ASSY SR 300MM BEIGE

Same thing happened to me on my 2020 Explorer ST. Mirror shattered and the connector was stuck in the mirror. I searched all over and could not find it. THank you very much for posting this. It was back ordered on RS. I found it here in the US at mouser electronics. Was 1.99. Their part number is
15135-0203
Desc.:Rectangular Cable Assemblies Rectangular Cable Assemblies Clickmate 2CKT CBL ASSY SR 300MM BEIGE
Glad my post was able to assist you.

Back