BLIS Error

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
Hey,
Twice now I have driven from Fredericton to Moncton. Cities in New Brunswick Canada. I have driven in downtown Fredericton with no problems. However, when I am downtown in Moncton, my BLIS stops working. Streets are narrower and there are many more cars parked on the streets. Error message comes up saying BLIS is blocked and does not work. I must turn off the vehicle and restart to have it work again. Does this happen to anyone else? Only happens in Moncton. Strange!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've posted before that I have this happen when I pass a particular medical building. But, now I think it's the neighboring high school. It always happens when I pass it and only when I pass it, and is fine again once I re-start my car. The road there is just as clean as any other, so it's not like my tires are kicking up something that then blocks the sensors. It happens in rain and in sun. I agree it's very strange.

Hmmmmm,
Must be some kind of electrical signal throwing them off. I'll do some experimenting. On vacation " sort of " and have lots of free time. Will experiment for sure. Will post up if I find anything. Cheers.

Looking forward to hearing what you find!

Hey,
Twice now I have driven from Fredericton to Moncton. Cities in New Brunswick Canada. I have driven in downtown Fredericton with no problems. However, when I am downtown in Moncton, my BLIS stops working. Streets are narrower and there are many more cars parked on the streets. Error message comes up saying BLIS is blocked and does not work. I must turn off the vehicle and restart to have it work again. Does this happen to anyone else? Only happens in Moncton. Strange!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
On another thread I posted that this error message popped up on my display. Was in the left turn lane waiting for oncoming traffic to clear when it happened. Both BLIS lights stayed on. There was a small island to my left but I can't recall what was on it. I assume it likely has a traffic light on it. The error cleared when I restarted the Ex after stopping at a store. I'll likely be going that way again in a few days and will, if I remember, pay more attention to it.

I drove by the same spot today. Same thing happened each time 3 times. Something is tripping the error message. There is a radio tower there with a bunch a sattelite dishes on top of it. Maybe it. I don't know. Way above my pay grade when it comes to this stuff. Shouldn't be the anything too close blocking the sensors as there weren't that may cars on the side of the street. The BLIS wasn't lit up when the error message came up.

I was driving today and got the error message that the sensors were blocked and both BLIS lights stayed on until I was able to restart the engine..went off immediately. I wasn't really attending to where I was when it happened, but will pay closer attention if it happens again. Drove the same route yesterday, and no error message. Only difference was, it was raining today.

2011 Explorer Limited 3.5 - 4WD
Radomnly every so often the following error shows on the message centre, "Blindspot Not Available" Sensor Blocked Check manual. Took it to the Ford Dealer in Edmonton, the System does NOT show any error codes at all and therefore no cause found. This happens every 10 days or so. I left the Vehicle at Ford for 4 days hoping to see the error pop up but no luck.
Error messages disppear when vehicle is shut off however re-appears at a later time. Now my only hope is to drive without shutting the vehicle off right to the Ford Dealer to see whats causing. I did take snap shots of all the errors.
Not sure if anyone other than myself is having a similar problem. I also checked at identifix for listed error or TSB, none though I did get a call and will return since I have my vehicle.

Azim

Welcome to the Forum zimer.:wavey:
There are 2 sensors on the vehicle. When the message comes up, do either of the BLIS indicators come on? Just in case you're not aware, the BLIS consists of two radar sensors each located rearward of the rear wheels hidden behind the bumper fascia. Do not place any type of bumper sticker in this area.
If these areas are clear, I would suspect a problem with one of the units.

Peter

No Bumper stickers nor anything blocking the sensors. Dealer had the vehicle for 4 days hoping to re-create! No luck.
Normal situations the BLIS works fine. The Ford Dealer has no clue why this is happening.

I am enrolled at identifix and checked for TSB and any other Bulletins, nothing popped up. I sent an email to identifix and I did receive a call back. Since I had my vehicle or rather my daughters vehicle at the Dealer and I got it back today, I will call back to identifix and see what they have to say. I will post any findings,solutions and or advice I get from identifix.
This is frustrating and all this during the warranty period.

AzIm

It could be the automatic door openers or the building perimeter alarm system that is blanking it out. All of these systems use a similar type of radar system. It is the same thing that sets off radar detectors when passing certain buildings.

Back