Bloomsburg 4x4 Jamboree, July 7-9, 2006 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bloomsburg 4x4 Jamboree, July 7-9, 2006

I was there Saturday afternoon around 2 or so. I must say it was a little dissappointing. I got there just in time to see Gravedigger do an awesome run, then they cancelled the next set of events due to rain. I walked around to see all the trucks and saw a good number of Explorers, mostly sports, that had some minor mods. One was a 2001 or newer silver sport with a small lift and either 31's or 32's. I also saw a few more. I did not get any pics though. 2 guys started arguing during the show and shine contest I guess it was ( a bunch of trucks got in line about 3 or so.) Like I said, I would have liked to have seen more competitions. The mud drags were canceled on the count of rain, go figure. They should have issued a refund or offered tickets to let me come back today when it was nicer, but I didn't want to have to drop another $39 on tickets and parking. What was everyone else's thoughts on the show?

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got there at 945, parked in the parking lot, and walked around, wasnt really impressed with the show, i didnt see many explorers at all, maybe 5 tops, alot of big and pointless show trucks, a couple of my friends where there partying with the pool in there truck bed. Saw the tough trucks, that was good, and they had some awesome deals, 4 37" baja claws for $700 brand new! didnt get any pictures sorry guys

We walked around Saturday morning and afternoon. I only noticed one Explorer on display, and all it had were 31s and 2 flags stickin' out the back. One of my friend's brought his '00 black XLS, but it's mostly stock. There were a lot of Broncos and Rangers. I was pretty disappointed that there weren't more Explorers out there. Maybe next year some of us could get together and represent. My friend said it was only $65 to register.

I'm gonna post some pics tonight after I get back from work.

You know, all you guys with lifted explorers that were going to wander a show were close to paragon where people go wheeling all the time. The east coast trucks need to learn to get out and wheel their junk sometimes. Most of who is in this thread saying they where at the show or planned to go have never been out on a run.

Most of the trucks we saw were "show" or project vehicles and have probably never seen any mud ...including mine (but that'll change). There were some trucks/Jeeps that looked like they just came off the trail, but most looked like they just came off a trailer. In either case, whether it's for show or for wheelin', I still like to check 'em out. Overall, the show wasn't that great, but I'm sure that was due to the flood.

I've been meaning to get mine out to Paragon to do some wheelin', but I haven't had the time. A bunch of us went out there to watch the NEUROC competition in '03, and we had a blast. I can't wait to get out there again, but the next couple months are booked for me :(

Here are some pics of a few Fords from the show (sorry, no explorers)...

The first one is an old Aerostar minivan

Attachments

• Aerostar1.JPG
    Aerostar1.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Bronco1.jpg
    Bronco1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 202
  • BigRedF250.jpg
    BigRedF250.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Ranger1.JPG
    Ranger1.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 195

TheRookie said:
You know, all you guys with lifted explorers that were going to wander a show were close to paragon where people go wheeling all the time. The east coast trucks need to learn to get out and wheel their junk sometimes. Most of who is in this thread saying they where at the show or planned to go have never been out on a run.
Pavement princesses.

Back