blower issue | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

blower issue

mcelwajy

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
Hey guys

So when I first picked up my X, the fan only worked on "Hi", and replacing the switch fixed that. However, even on the "Hi" setting, in my opinion its still blowing on low. So for the first gen x's is the fan not that strong? High in my x is not even as strong as the low setting in my mariner. I can't seem to figure it out, should I replace the blower motor? Or is it a resistor issue? The fan does work in all speeds, but its sooooo slow even in high. Thoughts?

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Mine is doing the same. I don't think it's a resistor issue since the fan gets full voltage when you select high. The resistor is used for the lower settings. I have a feeling it's the motor that's going bad on mine... I've just been to lazy to replace it.