Blower motor resistor/thermal limiter - '94 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor resistor/thermal limiter - '94 XLT

Sir Robin

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Anybody know who sells the blower motor resistor/thermal limiter assembly and as what part number? This would be for a '94 Ex. XLT. I just came back from AutoZone and Advance Auto and they don't carry it. At least they couldn't find a listing for it.
On the part itself it says Motorcraft and E7TH-19A706-AA. Neither place could cross-reference it. Not even the Mototcraft web site has anything like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whats happening is that the fan works after a cold start on a winter morning. I drive 8 miles to my usual stop to get coffee. When I get back in the car and re-start it, it don't work. It comes back on a few more miles down the highway after things cool off. (I turn the temp slider to cold.)
Seems as if the thermal limiter is cutting out at too low a temperature. The latent heat that builds up after shutting it down brings it above the trip point.

If the fan only works on high then it's that resistor unit.

That's a Ford only part. You'd have to get it from a dealership. They're only like 15 bucks the last time I got one.

I just got the part from a dealer. The number I previously mentioned was superceded by E7TZ-19A706-A. The receipt says List price: $21.13; Sell price: $17.76. The part's description is just "resistor", not that that would have helped at the parts store. Just as mentioned, it seems to be a dealer-only part.
I'll install it in the morning.

was gonna say i got my blower from autozone yesterday installed it today and i got air :) but no more alarm :( DOH

Back