Blower motor variable resistor on its way out. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor variable resistor on its way out.

tellex

Reaction score
City, State
scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie Bauer 4.0 V6 OHV
Hi Guys, i've a 1995 USA Explorer 4.0 V6 OHC. It's the EB model with EATC. Fan works on 'high' only, checked it out & I do need a new variable unit. Working in Poland so heater's essential. Ford dealers useless here. So delved into the Net but can't find one ? Need only the unit since the connector, pigtails etc. are all fine. 1995 model has a unique unit since Ford replaced it from 1996. I believed the correct Ford part is XL2Z19E624AA however I then discovered that it should in fact be F1SH19E624AC ? Which is correct or is there yet another one ? Interestingly neither of these numbers are recognised by Fordparts.com. Equally, having net-trawled most of the major US-based autopart dealers: ##################.com; carpartswholesale.com; rockauto.com; autozone.com & so on, no-one has this part in their catalogues either from Ford or from any other manufacturer.
So, what's the correct part and where can I get one ? Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome tell

what's with the ########'s in place of the website name he was trying to type? Some sort of foul language filter gone wrong?

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. The filter on this site is designed to filter specific keywords of certain Ford sites. The automatic temperature control system doesn't use a standard resistor. That might be the reason why you can't find it. You have a control module instead of a resistor.

Welcome to the site Tellex. Don't feel too bad it's been in the teens farenheit at night here in the South Eastern USA for over a week.
Hope you get a quick responce.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome ! Just to clarify & to help anyone else, I've been searching for a 'blower motor control module' not the standard 'resistor' since I appreciate the '95 EB has EATC. Have just been informed that there's indeed a 3rd part number F7SZ19E624BB. But still so far no luck in defining which of the 3 is correct & where the hell I can get one ? Looking on the bright side, I may consider collaborating with J.K. Rowling and together publishing ' HARRY POTTER AND THE ELUSIVE BMCM ' !!

An update which may be useful to other 95 4.0 OHV EB owners. Persistence & patience finally paid off and I found the EATC blower motor control module.
The correct part no. is F7SZ19E624BB. This gives you the unit itself plus the connector, pigtails, duraseal connections and the wiring diagram. I decided to replace all items despite the existing connector & pigtails being in good condition. Received it this morning & just finished fitting it. Total job took 65 minutes. Problem solved.:cool:

Back