Blower still runs when car is off...Please help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower still runs when car is off...Please help!!

juju14

Reaction score
City, State
fort collins, colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer
Good afternoon, I have a 1996 ford explorer. I have been jumping my car every morning due to some sort of drainage. The battery and alternator are new. I realized that by blower with still work even with the car turned off. Is this the cause of my car dieing every night? Also what can I do to fix this? Thanks for all your help!

you don't say if you have the EATC or manual HVAC controls. i believe i was looking at the wiring diagram for the blower control module for the EATC controls and saw that the blower motor is wired hot and the control module provides the ground to make it run. if this is the case, it might be a bad control module.

wow that was a fast response! Thank you! So it is has manual HVAC controls. How do I go about fixing the bad control module? I am new to working on cars. Thanks again!!

wow that was a fast response! Thank you! So it is has manual HVAC controls. How do I go about fixing the bad control module? I am new to working on cars. Thanks again!!

if you have the manual controls, you don't have a blower control module. the manual system uses a blower resistor. i don't know if a bad resistor could cause the same problem. but i guess it would be a good place to start looking. there, the fan switch and there are also several relays, one of which could be stuck in the ON position. there's a blower blower relay and a blower high speed relay.

Back