Blower? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blower?

Reaction score
City, State
Bonney lake wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda navajo
So my brother bought a blower setup for a 4.0 but turns out he's not going to use it on his ranger. He asked me if I wanted to try it out on the Navajo. It's a thunderbird supercoupe blower with a custom intake to work on a 4.0. Everything is there minus a belt. Should I give it a shot? Is there anything I should do to the be fine before considering this? Any input would be great or advice from someone who has done this.

Your opening a can of worms if you do..your need a ton of supporting mods $$$ and a dyno tune $$ if you go above about 6psi...

And 6psi isn't even worth the effort to put it on so the supporting mods are needed..

And you sure its not made for the 4.0 sohc not the ohv??

It is for an earlier 4.0. I had planned on running low boost. 4 or 5 lbs. I was going to use a walbro 255 fuel pump that I have a vortech fmu and set up a wideband. I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not. I have other things I want to do to the rig before I try that. I have a sas and some gears to do and that will make it much nicer to drive so I will pro a my ditch that idea

It is for an earlier 4.0. I had planned on running low boost. 4 or 5 lbs. I was going to use a walbro 255 fuel pump that I have a vortech fmu and set up a wideband. I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not. I have other things I want to do to the rig before I try that. I have a sas and some gears to do and that will make it much nicer to drive so I will pro a my ditch that idea

If you decide to sell it, let me know.

Back