Blowing Warm Air after A/C Recharge, please help! Edit: Updated with Video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blowing Warm Air after A/C Recharge, please help! Edit: Updated with Video

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Ok a few weeks ago, my A/C was working fine and then it intermittently started blowing hot for a few days until the point where no cold air was coming out.

Today I went and purchased the big blue can of R134A w/ a gauge. When I first hooked up the gauge, it was low pressure about 15psi, and it would climb to 35-40 psi intermittently.

Well I shot the whole can into the A/C system, and for about 10 minutes my truck actually started to blow cold air, and the PSI stayed at 45 psi (in the blue, which is good). But the air never got freezing cold, just colder.

Anyways after the can was empty I drive my truck around the block, and the A/C started to blow hot air again! I went on a 5 mile round trip hoping the truck would just started blowing cold air, but it didn't. When I got back home, I put the gauge on the A/C system again, and this time it is showing low pressure of 45 and a high pressure of 65-70psi, which is a bit too high.

On top of that, now when my A/C compressor 'clicks', I hear what sounds like a real small blow off valve. Not sure whats going on, any help would be appreciated.

Here is a video:

Back