Blue Light Bar on Roof

reesaus95

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer EB
Hello everyone!

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer I was looking to put a mini blue lightbar on for my volunteer firefighter duties. However, I have the model with the sunroof and the roof rack. Does anyone know of a way to mount such a bar in a way where it is out of the way of the sunroof or on the roof rack? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would do what i did. I did hide away lights in my back window that where bright enough to show through the tint and also i still need to install but also ones that go in the from window along the top edge. If you need help with finding them let me know. I am a LED ***** lol. Love lights and LEDs. (BTW mine are amber since im just a HAM radio guy that helps out with stuff) But Blue ones are even brighter so yea they should look good in the back

Both of you guys have nice lights equipped. Been working on other additional LEDs around my explorer. Figured out I'm going to make a flat plate with straps to go around the front cross bar of the roof rack and mount the minibar to the plate. Also, been looking into doing some lights down between the doors and the running boards.

ah ok. yea plus i think i still like all the hide away still. What brand are all your LEDs?

Most of my lighting is made by Feniex. There are factors to consider. Budget, what is required, interior or exterior or a mix of both.

http://elightbars.org/forums/ That is a great place to learn about lighting. Some pointers. Cool patterns are usually less effective. Something that looks cool up close is useless from a distance. Think of rail road crossing lights how you can easily see them from a distance. It is the slower flash pattern. Some guys will use a smaller light head and use a split pattern. It is better as a solid light for a larger footprint. And slower to the rear and if you are using white to the rear keep it to a minimum.

Any other questions just ask.

Back