Blue Tinted, Burn Amber 194's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blue Tinted, Burn Amber 194's

Ok, I've been searching up and down the wonderful forums and can't seem to find any 194 wedge bulbs for my side markers. I'm not talking about the 3157's up front that blink, just the side ones.

I bought some Sylvania Silverstar 3157's and they look gorgeous with the 6 piece diamond clear set I have. Now, since I've replaced those, the 194's that were under the old amber reflectors are now white...They used to match until I changed the 3157's.

So I want bulbs that burn amber, but I want them to look blueish. Kind of like the Silverstars. But, I can't find anything on their website and it's driving me insane. You'd figure they would make a set of them. If all else fails, I could just go amber/amber (look/burn) instead of blue/amber. But I'd kinda like them to match. Hell I'll even do Chrome/Amber if I need to...

Any help is much appreciated guys!

-Brandon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey thanks Bill!

I just took a look at the page and I'm considering the T13 (6 LED's) getting two of them. I'm also looking into getting the UV ones for my Courtesy Lamps lol.

Still, I wish they looked blue and burned amber....oh well, i can still look for another day or too...

Thanks again!

haha sorry i didn't know about that rule...changed, looks too plain though...i'll figure something out i guess.

So, lets say I can never find the silverstars for the 194's.

Should I go with an incandescent abmer but chrome plated, or a LED amber bulb?

Any suggestions are appreciated =)

Thanks again!

Thanks BMWZ389

I've never tried them, but I've heard bad things about some LED bulbs -- they're too dim. Plus, the low current draw can make the circuit think that a bulb is out, so your signals will blink twice as fast.

If the ones that Bill posted don't suffer those same problems, then someone please correct me.

Oh my god are you serious? That's one thing I can't stand is blinkers that are signaling the driver but they ignore it...

That's the last thing I want.

So an incandescent is the best option.

So I either have an orange colored, or a chrome colored...which would look better?

I have the crystal clear headlights and corners from ebay and Silverstar bulbs and it looks sweet! I went to Autozone and they have a 4-led amber 194 bulb that works great for me. Its perfect and the colors all match and it put enough light out too. Im the kind of person it would bother me if it didnt.

Awesome I'll have to check it out then =)

If anyone finds a blue tinted, and burns amber, please post back because that would be awesome!

Thanks again for all your help!

- Brandon

My post was for the 194 bulbs requested in the original post. 3157s ect were not mentioned and therefore not refered to.

Hey Bill, which one of us were you talking to?

I've never tried them, but I've heard bad things about some LED bulbs -- they're too dim. Plus, the low current draw can make the circuit think that a bulb is out, so your signals will blink twice as fast.

If the ones that Bill posted don't suffer those same problems, then someone please correct me.

Sorry, I should have "quoted".

I think almost all LED blinker bulbs(3157) need resisters to make them not blink fast.

Yeah I figured so. I hate how low current they are, it sounds good but will always cause you problems...

But since the 194's don't blink I shouldn't have to worry about them right?

I got my "Silver/Platinum" bulbs from here:

http://www.superlumination.com/

for my 92 X, I ordered:

2 x Silver-White 3156 (Reverse Lamps, for future Altezza purchase)
2 x Silver-Amber 3157 (Front Turn Signals)
2 x Silver-Amber 194 (Front Corner Lamps)

It came to $22.44 with shipping. Not bad at all, considering the SilverStar 3157's are $20.00.

I ordered 4 of these bulbs. 2 in Amber for the Front Lights (3157NA), 2 in Bright White for the Reverse Lamps (3156).
3156sv.jpg

They are $3.49 each
I ordered 2 of these bulbs. In amber for the corners. (194)
194sw_sv.jpg

They are 2.99 each

+ 2.99
19.94 shipping was another $2.50

I might also add that the bulbs showed up pretty quickly.

While these aren't 'SilverStars', they will look very good with the other matching bulbs I will have installed.

I'll ALSO add that I have had these bulbs installed almost 2 years now, and they are all still silver in color, and light up a nice orange amber.

Ryan

Back