• Register Today It's free!

blue tooth stereo

stlcycle

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited FWD
Hi, new to the forum. just purchased a 2012 limited. i'm having difficultly figuring out the blue tooth stereo. i've been able to run it wirelessly via the sync onto my iphone. doing so, allows me to stream pandora, the tunein app, etc. without pluggin anything in. however, my questions are:

1. does it automatically default to what you previously were streaming when connecting again? do you have to manually switch to another app on your iphone?

2. the MFT screen displays 3 options under the bluetooth streaming touch-button - similar to the AM & FM pre-sets, which allow you to touch and move to your 2nd/3rd set of pre-set stations. When i tap the button under the bluetooth streaming, nothing happens. is there a way to switch from one streaming app to another via the MFT?

any help is greatly appreciated.

bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, new to the forum. just purchased a 2012 limited. i'm having difficultly figuring out the blue tooth stereo. i've been able to run it wirelessly via the sync onto my iphone. doing so, allows me to stream pandora, the tunein app, etc. without pluggin anything in. however, my questions are:

1. does it automatically default to what you previously were streaming when connecting again? do you have to manually switch to another app on your iphone?

2. the MFT screen displays 3 options under the bluetooth streaming touch-button - similar to the AM & FM pre-sets, which allow you to touch and move to your 2nd/3rd set of pre-set stations. When i tap the button under the bluetooth streaming, nothing happens. is there a way to switch from one streaming app to another via the MFT?

bryan
Welcome to the Forum stlcycle.:wavey:
Unfortunately I don't have the answer you're looking for Bryan but I'm sure someone will be along to help you out.
I would suggest that you add the model (Limited) to your profile so that it will show in the left margin. It may help in addressing any future concerns since not all models are exactly the same.
Good luck and happy motoring Bryan. :thumbsup:

Peter

BlueTooth

bryan

Bryan,

Using MFT version 3.6 (latest version): You need to connect your telephone via Bluetooth to MFT. Additionally you can connect other devices. In my experience you can even connect 4 to say my number of devices connected.

Now, having one device connected thru bluetooth, you can manage to access all your telephone features BUT additionally by pressing Bluetooth audio you can listen to your music stored in your device. If you like to listen to Pandora, Sirius XM thru your device you need to manually (in your phone) switch applications.

Pre-sets are for other devices connected via Bluetooth. You can independently select the device you want to stream thru MFT without disconnecting the device is used by MFT for the telephone service.

Hope I answered your question.

Bobby

Bryan,

Using MFT version 3.6 (latest version): You need to connect your telephone via Bluetooth to MFT. Additionally you can connect other devices. In my experience you can even connect 4 to say my number of devices connected.

Now, having one device connected thru bluetooth, you can manage to access all your telephone features BUT additionally by pressing Bluetooth audio you can listen to your music stored in your device. If you like to listen to Pandora, Sirius XM thru your device you need to manually (in your phone) switch applications.

Pre-sets are for other devices connected via Bluetooth. You can independently select the device you want to stream thru MFT without disconnecting the device is used by MFT for the telephone service.

Hope I answered your question.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby. that makes sense. So, basically the BTS button on the MFT screen is switch between other devices connected. Correct?

Another question - i sync'd my phone and for some reason the pictures associated w/contacts are not showing up on the screen under the Quick Dial section. any idea on that?

thanks,
bryan

Thanks Bobby. that makes sense. So, basically the BTS button on the MFT screen is switch between other devices connected. Correct?

Another question - i sync'd my phone and for some reason the pictures associated w/contacts are not showing up on the screen under the Quick Dial section. any idea on that?

thanks,
bryan

Bryan,

First question: Yes. The previous version (3.5.1), when pressing the BTS button, there was "like a drop down menu" then select. With the new update a pop-up window shows with the options and then you select.

Second question: I think you need to go to the MFT Phone settings>phonebook and there is a switch on/off for the contact pics (perhaps someone can correct me if I'm worng, working from memory) and not sure about QuickDial. Note: I am a former BB user and now use iPhone. With BB was able to associate pics, with iPhone no.

Bobby.

For what I do, I notice Ford updated MFT a while back to allow you to still flip through your phone's music while it's in USB mode. So you don't really need to have Bluetooth, just plug it in via the USB for your music. You can have the Pandora App running and you'll hear the music. I find it much quicker to just flip through the music on my iPhone than using the touch screen at times. However, now that the voice commands understand better, I use that more.

Be careful what apps you have though, my friend was playing a game on my iPod and it had police sirens in the game and a cop thought I was trying to impersonate an officer! Good thing I knew the officer and he understood what happened.

bryan

1) It does not, the iPhone will default to the Music app anytime a bluetooth connection is made. This is a function of Apple's software, not Ford (except if they had AppLink as promised this would be moot).

2) The secondary lights are for multiple bluetooth devices. You can in actuality connect multiple bluetooth devices at once, and cycle through them using the repeated presses on the button. I use this feature regularly as my iPhone, iPad (mounted on dash), and Wife's iPhone will sometimes all be in the car at the same time. Each press will switch to a different device for music.

note: You can only have one bluetooth device connected as a "phone" at a time. The multiple devices only applies to audio.

Back